Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
College Pay Myth Busted
#3
I agree w/BW's first paragraph BUT, overall, I agree w/Michael. I work w/3 people who earn 6 figures w/no degree. At Sunoco, there were many, of course w/OT, but had I stayed, I was one also. What the frig was I thinking???? Still, I think MBA is the way to go along w/engineering, nursing and those other fields w/good demands. The paper means a lot and will mean a lot in the future I believe. Look at USAJOBS for fed employment and you will see some crazy requirements for very average if not below average salaries. Like I've stated many times before (and I have one), as many people on here who will say their Lib Studies degree has been instrumental in getting a job/promotion, my strong belief is that it is a very weak degree. Still, there are many municipal and state gov't employees that make excessive salaries w/out the paper. :confused:
Reply


Messages In This Thread
College Pay Myth Busted - by Basket Weaver - 10-01-2009, 09:46 AM
College Pay Myth Busted - by barcotta - 10-01-2009, 01:05 PM
College Pay Myth Busted - by Gary - 10-01-2009, 03:55 PM
College Pay Myth Busted - by Basket Weaver - 10-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,490 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,691 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 349 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 386 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,336 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,044 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,899 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 548 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 743 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 657 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)