12-09-2009, 09:22 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2009, 09:25 PM by cookderosa.)
Thanks, that does help, it's just so frustrating, because it's so much to learn regarding credits alone.
[COLOR="Red"]
Yes there is! It took me many months of reading here before I figured out what was going on. Just keep reading the boards and college sites- it will all start to sink in.[/COLOR]
Can you be more specific with my questions though?
You asked:
And what major would that be? Emergency Disaster Services
How do I fullfill these 250 hours? Can I do it at a local church, or service center of some kind that is approved by them where I can get a transcript or documentation signed off by them and then sent to TESC? Your advisor would direct and approve this, I have no idea.
Or is this done online? No, in person.
By the way are there any out of the big 3 that have a limit on how many credits can be transfered in total from other places? No, they are zero residency colleges. As long as the credit is regionally accredited, applies to your degree path, and is non duplicating- it can count.
Essentially, you only do the 250 hours in tha
I apologize for all the questions, but as miss Frizz always says, you can't get answers unless you ask questions.
And what about the test program mentioned here
Tests
I know that some of them like the Ap and Gre can be used for credit, but it doesn't say specifically about the rest if any of the other ones can be used for credit or if they are self graded/self administered or in other words non proctored.
That's because each college makes that decision, there isn't an "answer" to give. At TESC, there is an entire section in the college catalog about which exams can award credit. That section would be useful to you.
Also would you agree aswell that TESC is my best bet considering everything I told you, and what I generally am trying to do with easy credits to fill in hard courses or the most courses? Or is Charter Oak or Excelsior perhaps for any reason a better choice?
I still don't know what you want to study, you haven't answered any of my questions
Next, thank you so much for all the help you've been, I just wish more where more helpful
[COLOR="red"]
You are welcome. I do think, however, that much of this is easily found by browsing our boards and using the search feature. Sometimes people like to see that you are willing to do your own homework. I'm feeling especially patient and talkative tonight LOL. However, all of us here were new at one time, but I think at this point you have enough to get you started. I wish you the best!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]
Yes there is! It took me many months of reading here before I figured out what was going on. Just keep reading the boards and college sites- it will all start to sink in.[/COLOR]
Can you be more specific with my questions though?
You asked:
And what major would that be? Emergency Disaster Services
How do I fullfill these 250 hours? Can I do it at a local church, or service center of some kind that is approved by them where I can get a transcript or documentation signed off by them and then sent to TESC? Your advisor would direct and approve this, I have no idea.
Or is this done online? No, in person.
By the way are there any out of the big 3 that have a limit on how many credits can be transfered in total from other places? No, they are zero residency colleges. As long as the credit is regionally accredited, applies to your degree path, and is non duplicating- it can count.
Essentially, you only do the 250 hours in tha
I apologize for all the questions, but as miss Frizz always says, you can't get answers unless you ask questions.
And what about the test program mentioned here
Tests
I know that some of them like the Ap and Gre can be used for credit, but it doesn't say specifically about the rest if any of the other ones can be used for credit or if they are self graded/self administered or in other words non proctored.
That's because each college makes that decision, there isn't an "answer" to give. At TESC, there is an entire section in the college catalog about which exams can award credit. That section would be useful to you.
Also would you agree aswell that TESC is my best bet considering everything I told you, and what I generally am trying to do with easy credits to fill in hard courses or the most courses? Or is Charter Oak or Excelsior perhaps for any reason a better choice?
I still don't know what you want to study, you haven't answered any of my questions
Next, thank you so much for all the help you've been, I just wish more where more helpful
[COLOR="red"]
You are welcome. I do think, however, that much of this is easily found by browsing our boards and using the search feature. Sometimes people like to see that you are willing to do your own homework. I'm feeling especially patient and talkative tonight LOL. However, all of us here were new at one time, but I think at this point you have enough to get you started. I wish you the best!!![/COLOR]

![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)