Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Empire State College Admissions Woes
#1
Hello,

I'm in the process of applying to Empire State College and am encountering a problem that surprises and perplexes me. I attended a small Catholic high school in the Boston area and graduated in 1985. The school closed a few years after my graduation (a lot of Boston area schools closed due to financial woes and dwindling enrollment.) Empire is requiring me to prove that the school was accredited by Massachusetts at the time of my attendance. They also have issues with the officialness of my transcript, which was sent directly from the Archiocese and I am assured had the necessary seals, etc. My application is on hold until they receive suitable proof and the Jan. 1st deadline looms. Admissions even suggested in the email that I investigate GED programs at my local community college. I'm 42 years old, made a huge decision to go back to complete my BA, thought I had made a good choice with Empire because their mission is to serve working adults like me,and now I'm being told I may need to go get a GED before I can start college. Incidentally, I was admitted to Cornell back in 1985 with no questions about my high school being raised. The fact that Cornell presumably was satified with my school's status doesn't count for anything with Empire. Is this just an admistrative blip, or is Empire not what it appears to be? Does anyone here have experience with Empire? I am at a loss...

Thanks for any and all insights...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Empire State College Admissions Woes - by jhmroc67 - 12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Empire State College Admissions Woes - by 94steve - 12-16-2009, 12:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,784 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,817 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,932 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 386 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 426 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,467 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,138 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,988 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 581 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 779 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)