Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Roadmap for New Excelsior College Students
#49
P00057870 Wrote:Also, if you check out past forum notes, you will see things people have learned about. For example, I just learned in the past few days that if I take the CLEP statistics it is lower level (LL) but if I use ALEKS to take statistics, someone had it show up on their Excelsior transcript as upper level (UL).

If a school uses the ACE recommended guidelines, the three ALEKS Stats are counted as UL courses. Excelsior has done this in the past, but they won't always use ACE Guidelines (The refreshed DSSTs that now show as upper level when they prior were listed as lower level are a good example of this)

The Statistics credit through DSST & Straighterlines course are evaluated by ACE as lower level credits.

I'd advise anyone looking to get credit for Statistics (Intro, Business, or Behavioral Sciences) to just rock out in ALEKS for the easy (and inexpensive) UL credit.

TESC seems to no longer grant credit for taking more than one of the three stats courses (some members recounted getting credit for all three) because of the duplication. I can easily understand this because the 3 courses through ALEKS are pretty much the exact same except for the wording of the questions. (Business Statistics uses Business related word problems, and Behavior Sciences uses more science/medical related word problems.)
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I need help getting started - by preetpatel7 - 07-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Roadmap for New Excelsior College Students - by clep study guides - 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Roadmap for New Excelsior College Students - by TMW2010 - 12-16-2009, 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior 113 vs 105 transfer credit clarification? thanks4help 1 373 09-26-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Fielding Graduate University Merges with Excelsior Marcus Aurelius 17 4,126 06-22-2026, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Excelsior U to Offer DBA MISin08 12 3,179 05-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Need help planning BS Liberal Arts from Study.com to Excelsior helaurin 10 3,257 01-05-2026, 05:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Excelsior University - Fixed Rate Tuition bjcheung77 9 5,312 12-24-2025, 11:41 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Using Study.com to Fill in Excelsior Degree Requirements bjcheung77 0 1,214 11-16-2025, 10:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 7 5,317 06-05-2025, 02:45 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  NEW: Excelsior Students Must Now Complete 15 Credits In-House pilot 14 18,326 06-04-2025, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Looking for someone who has or is working on their BS in Criminal Justice @Excelsior WorkingGal 2 2,363 06-03-2025, 02:59 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  Excelsior Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 0 5,609 04-30-2025, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)