Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone Taken New On-Line DSST Test Principles of Finance?
#8
cheese333 Wrote:I called the DANTES a couple days ago and the person who answered the phone could not provide any info to me on what the test would be like. That didn't instill a lot of confidence in me. I also spoke to my testing center, and the lady I spoke with told me that the on-line Finance test is not timed, she claimed that if the test was not timed before, it would not be timed now. I don't trust that, and was hoping to hear the true scoop from someone who had taken the test already. Also, my testing center "thinks" I will be able to use my own calculator. So, it seems that no one at DSST or my testing center knows for sure what's up with this on-line DSST test.

It's outrageous that DANTES hasn't released detailed information about the computer-based exams prior to their general release.

One of the very first things I do, when preparing for any exam, is to find out how long I have to complete it, how many questions will be on it, what material will be covered, whether I can bring a calculator (if applicable), what the minimum passing score is, what the software will look like, etc.

It's unfair and unreasonable of DANTES to expect people to act as 'guinea pigs' for their new exams without providing adequate information.

Until more information becomes available, I would move mountains to find a test center that provides the tried and tested paper-based exams.

Why on earth would I want to take an exam without knowing what to expect. It doesn't make sense.

They need to get their act together and make sure that examinees know EXACTLY what is involved BEFORE they take the exam.
:mad:

Now I have to try and find my happy place again, Wink
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob
_____________________________________
Exams/Courses Passed (43):
- Courses (4): 1 Excelsior, 1 CSU-Pueblo, 2 Penn Foster.
- Exams (39): 24 DSST, 15 CLEP.

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Anyone Taken New On-Line DSST Test Principles of Finance? - by snazzlefrag - 10-06-2006, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Math, ICCP Tests, TESC Operating Systems Test AVG 4 3,543 06-16-2025, 01:42 AM
Last Post: macronpio
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 1,467 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 3,401 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 1,440 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 2,675 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Test score rogeryoung 4 2,505 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 1,990 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 3,175 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 16,667 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 12,551 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)