Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
Dr. Keel posted an answer to my appeal for all advisors to be on the same page. BUT he avoided giving me what I need in writing. So I called and asked for it, but Nia has already left for the day. So I have a phone appointment with Dr. Keel Monday morning. I will ask him to PUT IT IN WRITING so I don't have to worry about the next person changing it again.

Here is his reply:

Good Afternoon Linda and et.al: First things first, your comments, good, bad, indifferent never fall on deaf ears, so please always feel free to share. This board is a wonderful opportunity for students to share with each other but always feel free to contact me directly through my secretary at 609-984-1141 ext. 3310 or 3305 if you have a very specific question. I try to, but do not always get a chance to check this board as often as I would like, so never leave a specific issue out there hoping that I will see it, just reach me directly.

Having said all of that, let me offer the following. NO EXCUSE. That's right, I can say unequivocally that there is NO EXCUSE for you to get conflicting answers to a very specific and legitimate question. All advisors are trained to answer general questions pertaining to most degrees. A question like, does a particular exam count or what is its TESC equivalence is exactly the kind of general questions that are easily answered by any one on the advising staff. Will mistakes happen. Absolutely, but we try to and we know that from the thousands of successful students, mistakes are held to an absolute minimum. In your particular case, I am not sure where the mixup occurred with this particular ALEKS exam, but I can assure you and all of your classmates that you should be very comfortable in getting answers from an advisor on these types of general questions. However, if you have a specific question about a specific course/exam and how it fits into your specific degree program, then I always recommend that you speak with an advisor who is assigned to that particular program. This is best accomplished through an appointment with an advisor in the specific program.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12


Messages In This Thread
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics - by Lindagerr - 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 15,926 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 6,266 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 14,123 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 11,282 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 4,064 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 4,126 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 4,380 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 5,186 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 4,711 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 37,012 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)