In defense of the millenials...
I am not one btw...I am Gen X.
Let me blame, yes, my WWII era grandparents who lived through so much crap that they spoiled the boomers rotten.
And then let me blame the boomers who really are the free love entitled generation who were only able to live such a great lifestyle and then complain about the later generation and think we gen x'ers can't get it because we are too lazy. No- you boomers came of age in an era when
manufacturing in the Us was still king and the third world couldn't get enough of American products.
and then we gen xers...one of the smallest generations due to Roe vs. Wade...and maybe in fact to the Vietnam War, some men didn't come back in time to start families, some weren't given the heroes welcome like the wwII vets. So no free love for them.
And Of course Roe vs. Wade which happened when alot of my peers should have been born.(just my guess why Gen X is smaller than the boomers and the millenials but I think it just may be one of the causes) Wow...maybe that should be Generation x-ers motto( we survived roe vs. Wade!)
I remember after getting out of the army and waiting for my lpn license in illinois to come in while working at a call center..there weren't so many of us my age, not many 20 something in the workforce and the boomers didn't want to do such work.......they offered $20.00 an hour to answer PHONES.
Did I have to move back home and live with mommy and daddy?
Nope. Not when I was getting $20 an hour to answer phones!
Flash forward to the poor milennials. They are lucky if they can sling burgers after graduating from the university.
They have to go home to daddy and mommy...not because they are lazy, not because they still want mommy and daddy to do their laundry, but because there are way too many of you competing for the same jobs, (compared to Gen X) ,economics are so bad....
All I can say was 1997 was a great year to be 21.
I am not one btw...I am Gen X.
Let me blame, yes, my WWII era grandparents who lived through so much crap that they spoiled the boomers rotten.
And then let me blame the boomers who really are the free love entitled generation who were only able to live such a great lifestyle and then complain about the later generation and think we gen x'ers can't get it because we are too lazy. No- you boomers came of age in an era when
manufacturing in the Us was still king and the third world couldn't get enough of American products.
and then we gen xers...one of the smallest generations due to Roe vs. Wade...and maybe in fact to the Vietnam War, some men didn't come back in time to start families, some weren't given the heroes welcome like the wwII vets. So no free love for them.
And Of course Roe vs. Wade which happened when alot of my peers should have been born.(just my guess why Gen X is smaller than the boomers and the millenials but I think it just may be one of the causes) Wow...maybe that should be Generation x-ers motto( we survived roe vs. Wade!)
I remember after getting out of the army and waiting for my lpn license in illinois to come in while working at a call center..there weren't so many of us my age, not many 20 something in the workforce and the boomers didn't want to do such work.......they offered $20.00 an hour to answer PHONES.
Did I have to move back home and live with mommy and daddy?
Nope. Not when I was getting $20 an hour to answer phones!
Flash forward to the poor milennials. They are lucky if they can sling burgers after graduating from the university.
They have to go home to daddy and mommy...not because they are lazy, not because they still want mommy and daddy to do their laundry, but because there are way too many of you competing for the same jobs, (compared to Gen X) ,economics are so bad....
All I can say was 1997 was a great year to be 21.
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ
MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017
Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015
NCSF Personal Trainer -2010
Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!
Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996
Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017
Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015
NCSF Personal Trainer -2010
Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!
Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996
Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)