10-16-2010, 09:36 AM
The name Excelsior brings to mind a cheap unaccreddited career college you might find in a strip mall, just my opinion.
I think you are referring to a time not so long ago when TESC required 18 200+ credits to obtain a major, this has now been changed to 300+. Lets not forget that they don't accept Civil War and Ethics in America DSSTs as upper level credits regardless of the ACE recommendation.
Excelsior does require 30 UL credits but their General Ed requirements are weak and their liberal studies degress allow 60 credits of free electives vs TESC 60 credits of general ed and only 27 free electives.
I would say it all balances out and their is no point in fighting about it. A school could be called Billy Joe Bob University as long as it's RA who cares.
But I do love a good fight!
I think you are referring to a time not so long ago when TESC required 18 200+ credits to obtain a major, this has now been changed to 300+. Lets not forget that they don't accept Civil War and Ethics in America DSSTs as upper level credits regardless of the ACE recommendation.
Excelsior does require 30 UL credits but their General Ed requirements are weak and their liberal studies degress allow 60 credits of free electives vs TESC 60 credits of general ed and only 27 free electives.
I would say it all balances out and their is no point in fighting about it. A school could be called Billy Joe Bob University as long as it's RA who cares.
But I do love a good fight!
BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)