Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What should I do??
#6
targetoncleps Wrote:I am currently enrolled at the University of Phoenix. When I started I wanted to be an Elementary Education Major. I took a job as an In School Suspension teacher with the local middle school. I am glad that I have because I discovered that I no longer want any part of an education degree. I am in the process of changing my major to Business Management and I believe for this major I may be in the wrong school. I enjoy taking the Cleps, and ACE (straighterline) classes and want to continue taking them. Could I get my degree quicker at another school if I decided to change. After this I need to be able to continue to my Masters.

Any opinions will be appreciated!!


My friend is going to be a UoP grad. He actually started before I did, and we both followed similar paths (getting some credits at comm. colleges before deciding what we wanted to do)

I am scheduled to graduate from TESC this month, and he is 4 months behind me at UoP. The issue with phoenix is that you cannot take more than 1 class at a time - which only lasts 6 weeks, but considering that you can take up to 4 classes at TESC in a 12 week span, it makes a difference when you compare the two.

I am in a slightly different program - the BS in Organizational Leadership, which is in the same business field as a BS in Biz man, but focuses more on management/leadership.

Your ability to get done quickly will depend on a couple things, and the first is how many CLEP/DSST you can pass and your college will accept. UoP is not the most friendly in this category, but I do not know the stats on it.

Me - I will be at TESC 1 year this month, and graduate, after transferring 60 CLEP/DSST and 24 CC credits. I did the 60 and 24 in 1.5 years.

My friend will have been at UoP for 2.5 years when he graduates, after two years of CC/University credits. He never tapped into CLEP/DSST.
[SIZE="2"]graduated
[/SIZE]


Messages In This Thread
What should I do?? - by targetoncleps - 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
What should I do?? - by Lindagerr - 01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
What should I do?? - by MISin08 - 01-08-2011, 12:17 AM
What should I do?? - by rebel100 - 01-08-2011, 04:04 AM
What should I do?? - by creative - 01-08-2011, 08:42 AM
What should I do?? - by jackzack87 - 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
What should I do?? - by targetoncleps - 01-08-2011, 10:58 PM
What should I do?? - by mkraus1224 - 01-08-2011, 11:20 PM
What should I do?? - by jackzack87 - 01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
What should I do?? - by mkraus1224 - 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
What should I do?? - by Lindagerr - 01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
What should I do?? - by GoodYellowDogs - 01-10-2011, 12:28 AM
What should I do?? - by jackzack87 - 01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
What should I do?? - by targetoncleps - 01-11-2011, 09:08 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)