02-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Long story, but I need to do some research on this degree for work. The requirements are listed here:
Thomas Edison State College | Credit Distribution for Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
Here are my questions:
If I got a second bachelor's from TESC in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, I think that the only classes I would need (based on the requirements listed) are the following:
General Education:
Humanities: HLS-355: Critical Thinking for Homeland Security
Social Sciences: SOC-322: Cultural Diversity in the U.S. (Is there a test for this?)
I. Area of Study:
SOS-440: Terrorism
HLS-410: Counter Terrorism: Constitutional and Legislative Issues
HLS-420: Prevention and Preparedness
HLS-429: Protecting the Homeland, Response & Recovery
SOS-492: Research Methods in the Social Sciences
HLS-498: Capstone in Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
Electives: Can choose FEMAs.
Is this correct? Would TESC accept all of my current credits and then only make me take the general requirements that I don't have on my COSC transcript and also the area of study classes?
Just want to make sure I understand. Seems like it would be a total of 8 classes to get the second degree?
Thomas Edison State College | Credit Distribution for Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
Here are my questions:
If I got a second bachelor's from TESC in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, I think that the only classes I would need (based on the requirements listed) are the following:
General Education:
Humanities: HLS-355: Critical Thinking for Homeland Security
Social Sciences: SOC-322: Cultural Diversity in the U.S. (Is there a test for this?)
I. Area of Study:
SOS-440: Terrorism
HLS-410: Counter Terrorism: Constitutional and Legislative Issues
HLS-420: Prevention and Preparedness
HLS-429: Protecting the Homeland, Response & Recovery
SOS-492: Research Methods in the Social Sciences
HLS-498: Capstone in Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
Electives: Can choose FEMAs.
Is this correct? Would TESC accept all of my current credits and then only make me take the general requirements that I don't have on my COSC transcript and also the area of study classes?
Just want to make sure I understand. Seems like it would be a total of 8 classes to get the second degree?
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English)
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin
My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63| SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin
My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63| SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)