Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What does a college diploma from COSC look like?
#1
Concentrations (Majors) and CPS Forms at Charter Oak State College

Charter Oak State College sounds like a wonderful way for me to finish my degree quickly. I'll be honest...I don't even care what type of degree I complete. I would prefer for it not to be Liberal Studies. I wanted to go for something general like Business, if possible, as I apply to mainly secretary jobs, etc. and nowadays it makes you more competitive if you have a Bachelors. Employers don't particularly care what your Bachelors is in, for the positions I apply to, they just want to know/see that you have completed a Bachelors. I'm supposing this is to weed a certain class of people out. Not sure. However, the Bachelors has become the new high school diploma in my opinion. You better have one if you want to get your foot in the door to interview with more places

For all of you who have graduated from COSC, TESC or Excelsior, what does your college diploma look like? I'm esp. interested in COSC. The link above shows a page that describes their Bachelors and how one chooses a concentration, which is supposedly not a major...so then, how would your college diploma read? Ex: (Your name) is awarded a Bachelors of Science in (General Studies or __________?). Does the college diploma read as you having just a degree in General Studies or does it differ from what concentration you chose? I emailed COSC and have yet to receive a reply.

Here's another concern of mine. I have 32 community college credits (mainly pre-reqs/liberal arts courses..little bit of everything) and then I went to a college that was sort of like a tech school and finished a Licensed Practical Nurse program. The college is accredited and said that their credits are considered college credits that will transfer. I'm not sure, but I have tons of nursing classes and I'm wondering if they would be completely worthless towards applying to any type of degree (other than nursing) at one of these colleges...? I'm not interested in doing anything that has to do with Nursing. This field is a dead field to me and I'm glad to be getting back into Business. I loved my clinical rotations and nursing is ONE of my passions, but with the rate of joblessness and high abuse and workplace violence, I know that I don't want to stick around in that field. I have too much self respect and I find that I am happier working office jobs. I'm simply looking to complete my Bachelors in order to be able to apply to more jobs.


Messages In This Thread
What does a college diploma from COSC look like? - by CollegeStudent7 - 03-24-2011, 03:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 9,570 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 3,469 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 4,415 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 5,248 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 6,314 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 5,219 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 6,337 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 3,894 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 9,585 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Diploma at Commencement? KAnn 6 4,027 07-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: KAnn

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)