Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I Could Do Over....
dewisant Wrote:I did over a year of college before I went in the USAF (1982-1986), but not enough to qualify for early promotions. I sent away for a correspondence course from the University of Wisconsin called Intro Forestry, or something like that while I was in. When I was out-processing my permanent duty station I had to check out from all of the offices/services on base. The Education person looked at my transcripts and finally asked me, "Why did you come in the Air Force as Enlisted." I had no answer for her at the time. When I got back to the states I went to the local "big college" and discovered the John Bear book. I have purchased many of his books over the years. The years went by and I did nothing. I was nearing 40; was about to find myself married for the ___ time, and I decided to do whatever it took to get a BA. I changed majors several times, I had long stretches of inactivity, I even rounded off my credits into an AA. When I started again I had additional requirements due to losing my original student date and I just kinda didn't do much for a while. So I got my first-ever sit down job and one of my co workers was (and still is) a lawyer. This is when I finally said I had to earn a BA/BS or else. I earned over 20 UL credits in three months time and waited to start my Capstone in Liberal Studies. I finally finished my BA in Liberal Arts and with Latin honors.

What did I learn? Hit it and hit it hard! If you had crappy parents, so what, get over it, get a study buddy, do whatever it takes to get your college degree done!!

Thank you for this post. It is helpful as I have fallen a few times off track.
I keep getting back up and on track again. Guess this is my year!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Messages In This Thread
If I Could Do Over.... - by dewisant - 04-15-2016, 02:40 AM
If I Could Do Over.... - by bjcheung77 - 04-15-2016, 03:42 AM
If I Could Do Over.... - by LaterBloomer - 04-15-2016, 01:01 PM
If I Could Do Over.... - by dewisant - 04-15-2016, 06:18 PM
If I Could Do Over.... - by Prloko - 04-18-2016, 08:56 AM