Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG, I need glasses! What would you do?
(10-10-2020, 03:00 PM)davewill Wrote: I found Transitions to be pretty useless as they won't darken if you're in the shade, particularly while driving.

They make a type of transitions now that changes inside the car or near a window. It’s a little pricey and require upgraded lenses. They also stay slightly tinted all the time. I didn’t care for that look, since I pay for frameless to make the glasses less “in your face noticeable”. Pilots apparently love them.

I started buying my family’s glasses through America’s Best Contacts and Glasses. They are face to face. I pay a fraction of what I used to at the optometrist’s office. They are a bit more than Zenni, though the cost is minimal after insurance. Again, I pay for a bunch of specific things: transitions, frameless, upgraded lenses for a bigger “keyhole” on my line-free progressives, blue reduction, etc. Great service. They replace all the nose pieces with silicone for me. It helps keep them from sliding down as bad, especially in the summer, and more comfortable than the hard plastic ones that come on most glasses. They did my dads glasses too, and he’s not even a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG, I need glasses! What would you do? - by studyandpass5 - 09-30-2020, 02:17 PM
OMG, I need glasses! What would you do? - by alab21 - 10-11-2020, 09:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Pair of Prescription Glasses! Add-ons available... bjcheung77 7 1,260 05-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Vle045