Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI TESU and SNHU evaluations
So I’m finalizing my decision on schools and need a little push. TESU brought in the most courses but I’m leaning more towards UMPI or SNHU for various reasons. I’ve attached my 3 evaluations and a list of the ACE courses I have on my transcript. I just need a little kick towards a decision haha.

I’m set on a Business Administration degree because of my current job. I have education reimbursement up to about $5k a year. I’d like to finish up my degree by the end of this year.

TESU - I’d most likely try and get a couple more courses through Davar in before the March 1st cutoff. I’d be paying for them out of pocket and would pay the waiver which is not ideal but I don’t want to have that many drawn out courses through TESU.

SNHU - Can I say out of the million evals I had done (yes I had more than these 3) this format was the easiest to read. If I take 2 courses a term I could possibly be done with my 10 courses this year. I would have to pay out of pocket a bit doing it this way. I do love that they have differed tuition and can wait till my tuition reimbursement kicks in and wouldn’t need to pay anything upfront.

UMPI - I’m really close to pulling the trigger for UMPI. I love the idea of going at my own pace. From my evaluation I have 14 courses to go with them. I do have a couple courses (including Sophia Environmental Science) that didn’t make it on my original transcript that I just sent over to see if they would come in as anything. Could someone take a look to see if I have anything else that would satisfy any of the remaining courses I have left?

.pdf   umpi eval.pdf (Size: 472.58 KB / Downloads: 141)

.pdf   tesu eval.pdf (Size: 1.31 MB / Downloads: 64)

.pdf   SNHU Eval.pdf (Size: 586.94 KB / Downloads: 124)

.xlsx   College Courses.xlsx (Size: 6.71 KB / Downloads: 63)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're in great shape for UMPI! I completed 16 courses in 3 terms. Ashkir is flying. I think he's loaded up on rocket fuel. I think he's done 6 or 7 courses already this term and there's still 4 weeks left. I would go any route that the company pays for! I'd send in that transcript with Environmental Science and let them know it's coming so it will be evaluated quickly. To me you look good to go and start on March 15th which is when the next term starts. I wouldn't worry about taking any classes anywhere else. Everything you need is offered by UMPI and in many cases is significantly less work and faster. We only have one paper/project to do for the whole class. 
(02-10-2021, 11:34 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You're in great shape for UMPI! I completed 16 courses in 3 terms. Ashkir is flying. I think he's loaded up on rocket fuel. I think he's done 6 or 7 courses already this term and there's still 4 weeks left. I would go any route that the company pays for! I'd send in that transcript with Environmental Science and let them know it's coming so it will be evaluated quickly. To me you look good to go and start on March 15th which is when the next term starts. I wouldn't worry about taking any classes anywhere else. Everything you need is offered by UMPI and in many cases is significantly less work and faster. We only have one paper/project to do for the whole class. 

Thanks [mention]ss20ts [/mention] for the feedback! I’ve been following your UMPI post closely and it’s the reason I applied! Do you think the evaluation took into account everything that could be satisfied? My advisor said to let her know if I thought there was anything I should have credit for but I’m not as familiar with their transfer equivalencies. At the time I sent my first transcript a couple badges (Environmental science, US History I, US History II, Student Success, and The Essentials of Managing Conflict) weren’t on my credly account since Sophia was having some technical difficulties but I don’t think other than the environmental science course it would make a difference.

If you've earned more things from Sophia, feel free to send them another email for another evaluation before you officially enroll.

I think you're in great shape for UMPI. Right now you have 14 courses remaining. ENV 110 came in from Sophia for me. I'd definitely ask Jessica or Shea about that. So this would have you at 13.

UMPI is exactly like Sophia's format. With your 13 courses remaining (if they take your ENV) you'd probably have like 8 essays, and 1 Powerpoint, and 3 Q&A exams. A lot of their quizzes test your knowledge. They also have a bill your employer thing at their financial aid office where they'd send the invoice to your employer instead.
If I was you today, I would probably do UMPI. Unless you want a specific concentration that TESU offers that UMPI doesn't (which doesn't seem like it), or you want the ACBSP accreditation, I don't see the value in TESU (for you).
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • ashkir
Did you have any issues with sending an Acclaim transcript to UMPI? Or did they accept it like you'd expect? (Currently fighting w/ a local school... they want the ACE transcript the "old way" -facepalm-)
I think you could do UMPI completely free, assuming you can finish in 3 terms, and I don't think it would be any faster or easier to do Sophia courses. 1 course every week or every-other week, and you're done? I'd do it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-10-2021, 01:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think you could do UMPI completely free, assuming you can finish in 3 terms, and I don't think it would be any faster or easier to do Sophia courses. 1 course every week or every-other week, and you're done? I'd do it.

That’s what I’m hoping for - FREE.

I exhausted all Sophia courses already so I wouldn’t be looking to do more.

(02-10-2021, 12:53 PM)ashkir Wrote: If you've earned more things from Sophia, feel free to send them another email for another evaluation before you officially enroll.

I think you're in great shape for UMPI. Right now you have 14 courses remaining. ENV 110 came in from Sophia for me. I'd definitely ask Jessica or Shea about that. So this would have you at 13.

UMPI is exactly like Sophia's format. With your 13 courses remaining (if they take your ENV) you'd probably have like 8 essays, and 1 Powerpoint, and 3 Q&A exams. A lot of their quizzes test your knowledge. They also have a bill your employer thing at their financial aid office where they'd send the invoice to your employer instead.

Thank you for breaking that down for me on what may be remaining! This puts it into perspective.

I’m emailing the financial aid office today to get more info.

(02-10-2021, 01:14 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Did you have any issues with sending an Acclaim transcript to UMPI? Or did they accept it like you'd expect? (Currently fighting w/ a local school... they want the ACE transcript the "old way" -facepalm-)

No issue with the acclaim transcript. I sent it to both SNHU and UMPI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes oroseeo's post:
  • dbinghamjr
(02-10-2021, 01:14 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Did you have any issues with sending an Acclaim transcript to UMPI? Or did they accept it like you'd expect? (Currently fighting w/ a local school... they want the ACE transcript the "old way" -facepalm-)

I used Parchment to send my transcripts to UMPI. It's $5.25 and they send it electronically. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • dbinghamjr
(02-10-2021, 11:05 AM)oroseeo Wrote: So I’m finalizing my decision on schools and need a little push. TESU brought in the most courses but I’m leaning more towards UMPI or SNHU for various reasons. I’ve attached my 3 evaluations and a list of the ACE courses I have on my transcript. I just need a little kick towards a decision haha.

I’m set on a Business Administration degree because of my current job. I have education reimbursement up to about $5k a year. I’d like to finish up my degree by the end of this year.

TESU - I’d most likely try and get a couple more courses through Davar in before the March 1st cutoff. I’d be paying for them out of pocket and would pay the waiver which is not ideal but I don’t want to have that many drawn out courses through TESU.

SNHU - Can I say out of the million evals I had done (yes I had more than these 3) this format was the easiest to read. If I take 2 courses a term I could possibly be done with my 10 courses this year. I would have to pay out of pocket a bit doing it this way. I do love that they have differed tuition and can wait till my tuition reimbursement kicks in and wouldn’t need to pay anything upfront.

UMPI - I’m really close to pulling the trigger for UMPI. I love the idea of going at my own pace. From my evaluation I have 14 courses to go with them. I do have a couple courses (including Sophia Environmental Science) that didn’t make it on my original transcript that I just sent over to see if they would come in as anything. Could someone take a look to see if I have anything else that would satisfy any of the remaining courses I have left?

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment (considering TESU and UMPI), though I haven't done my evals yet.

In the electives section of your TESU eval, it says "!! Exception Credit shortage in Management. 7sh required" and general ed courses are listed. I was just wondering about this because I thought 6 elective credits had to be in the concentration. Why was there an exception?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 0 27 8 hours ago
Last Post: bigsquirrel7
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 1 73 Yesterday, 02:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 105 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 416 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 239 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 245 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 200 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 508 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 602 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM