Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Credit Cornerstone TESU Information
Here is the answer I got about the cornerstone and the credits to get it waived. Hope this helps people in the future (assuming it doesn't change)

Thank you for your interest in Thomas Edison State University. School policy states that " if a student has completed at least 104 credits at the initial evaluation they may be waived from the TES-100 course". If your credit total is less than 104 initially, you can later appeal the required TES-100 course with The Office of the Register one your total transfer credit equates to at least 104.

Here is more information detailing the cost of the course. Thomas Edison State University | Courses & Schedules

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Denise Kerr
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
If they routinely grant the appeals, that essentially removes the cornerstone requirement for people transferring in most of the degree...pretty much everyone here.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:If they routinely grant the appeals, that essentially removes the cornerstone requirement for people transferring in most of the degree...pretty much everyone here.

Agreed. But I wanted to get an answer in writing from them. I may still end up taking it because I'm not sure what will count for my 1 credit makeup from taking the 2credit ethics course.

I will have at least 2 classes I belive transferring in as 4 credits, so if those work I wont take the cornerstone, but the 2 courses are Financial and Managerial Acc, I did get 4 credits for my Stats class also but not sure how that will come in yet either. I will know more once I send everything in. I'm waiting till mid-late January to apply and send transcripts in.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Agreed. But I wanted to get an answer in writing from them. I may still end up taking it because I'm not sure what will count for my 1 credit makeup from taking the 2credit ethics course.

I will have at least 2 classes I belive transferring in as 4 credits, so if those work I wont take the cornerstone, but the 2 courses are Financial and Managerial Acc, I did get 4 credits for my Stats class also but not sure how that will come in yet either. I will know more once I send everything in. I'm waiting till mid-late January to apply and send transcripts in.

I would consider just taking another three credit course if you if you are just short on credits. Tesus cornerstone is 300 right? You could just do one course from shmoop for 89 and get three credits???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,642 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore