Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 New ACE Approved Study.com Courses
Really looking forward to the Employment Law class being upgraded to 3 credits - that's the last course my son needs/wants to get out of the way before starting at WGU.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Study.com
I can't tell you how awesome it is that you guys participate in our conversations.
That being said, I think we would all agree that if you could post equivalents for the new courses it would be AMAZING!
If i send my advisor at TESU one more random question about transfer credits I think I will owe her flowers or something. That poor woman
Kgaul, Study said on another post that they were waiting for TESU to give them the course equivalencies for the new offerings, so at least it's a work in progress.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Saylor just got a bunch of new computer-related courses approved, yb1. Some appear to be upper level.

oh I know. I already sent an email to TESU to see what they will come in as. They told me they would look into it so I am hoping early next week. I will know about the 2 courses I asked about. Information Technology Strategy and The Computer Networking course. I am hoping they come in as upper level. Exciting times for alternative credits
dfrecore Wrote:There's just no way to know, but it would certainly be nice to get some more FIN courses. I think if this did not duplicate, and they got it to 3cr, a BSBA in Finance would be able to be completely tested out of (after Davar adding 2 FIN courses).

I am really hoping the FIN-104 comes in as a Finance course for TESU. I do not have any desire to take the UL Accounting course from Study.com to fulfill the 3rd requirement for my AOS.
ndelcollo Wrote:I am really hoping the FIN-104 comes in as a Finance course for TESU. I do not have any desire to take the UL Accounting course from Study.com to fulfill the 3rd requirement for my AOS.

Advanced Accounting was pretty straight forward. Applied Managerial Accounting was much more difficult.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
ndelcollo Wrote:I am really hoping the FIN-104 comes in as a Finance course for TESU. I do not have any desire to take the UL Accounting course from Study.com to fulfill the 3rd requirement for my AOS.

There are other options. You can take a FIN course, or MAR course. You only need 3 out of 4 of the areas.

Davar Academy added Corporate Finance, Multinational Business Finance, and Principles of Sales. Any of those would work.

PF already had Corp Finance, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Research.

TESU has several.

You are definitely not stuck with Accounting as your only option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I am doing BSBA Finance emailed TESU if FIN104 study.com course will count for area of study no reply yet but on ACE website it says 2 Credit and its LL so probably it wont work.
dfrecore Wrote:You are definitely not stuck with Accounting as your only option.

Unfortunately for me, I am stuck with it as of now. I have already paid for all of my credits through Study.com so if I took one of those courses I would just be wasting $100 plus whatever the new course cost. I think it's great that there are now many more options though! I have already taken the Study.com Digital Marketing course and three Management courses for the AOS, so it's either the UL ACC or this new FIN course if they get it up to 3 credits before I'm all done. The good news is I don't need to decide until about June so hopefully the new FIN course will be upgraded and also will work for TESU.
Has anyone asked about how these courses will transfer yet? They are still not in the equivalencies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,224 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 872 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,328 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,592 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,399 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 732 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,651 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat