Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Management/Supervision CLEP vs DANTES vs StraighterLine vs Saylor time?
Hi folks! I want to fulfill my lower lever requirement for this class in the most expedient, efficient way possible for the credit.

Per your experiences, how fast were you able to finish the above study/exams?

If you took Saylor, how fast? CLEP, how fast? And so on and so forth.

I really want to begin plowing through credits!!!! Thanks for any insight you can offer!
I took the Management CLEP with no study time, but I took some Management courses many years ago so it was pretty easy. I also took Marketing with not much study time, and I had no previous Marketing experience. But everyone is different.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I had an Associates and after transferring credits I still had 21 courses to go to get the Bachelors.

19 courses were completed through self study and tests in about 5 months. Then 3 months to complete the 2 classes online that were not offered by test or self study. Having a good deal of business experience, I took a week to study for each management CLEP, DSST and TCEPT. Marketing was something I was less experienced and my first test, so I took 3 weeks for that. All the gen eds were a week of studying before the test...Financial Management took abut 2 weeks for me to complete the Penn Foster course. Project Management was 4 days through Sophia. College Algebra was a month on Aleks. Tests that were similar were taken within days of each other (Organizational Management and Principles of Management) so they didn't need a week's study time each - more like a week and a couple of days since so much overlapped. There are a few opportunities to do this in the BSBA if planned right.
Strategic Management was about 10 days of studying. Operations Management was a week but I could have used more - I passed - but it made me work for it. English Comp II was about a week of prep time.

Write out the plan, stick to it and revise for efficiency when an opportunity shows itself.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Thank you for the great reply! It was so helpful, omg! Seriously!

After thinking about your post I opened up a Word Doc and threw a Table in their with columns for multiple credit providers (Clep, etc) and compared pros and cons, especially with time.

Thank you!

passit1 Wrote:I had an Associates and after transferring credits I still had 21 courses to go to get the Bachelors.

19 courses were completed through self study and tests in about 5 months. Then 3 months to complete the 2 classes online that were not offered by test or self study. Having a good deal of business experience, I took a week to study for each management CLEP, DSST and TCEPT. Marketing was something I was less experienced and my first test, so I took 3 weeks for that. All the gen eds were a week of studying before the test...Financial Management took abut 2 weeks for me to complete the Penn Foster course. Project Management was 4 days through Sophia. College Algebra was a month on Aleks. Tests that were similar were taken within days of each other (Organizational Management and Principles of Management) so they didn't need a week's study time each - more like a week and a couple of days since so much overlapped. There are a few opportunities to do this in the BSBA if planned right.
Strategic Management was about 10 days of studying. Operations Management was a week but I could have used more - I passed - but it made me work for it. English Comp II was about a week of prep time.

Write out the plan, stick to it and revise for efficiency when an opportunity shows itself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,993 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,465 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 596 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,757 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 7,172 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 515 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 833 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 379 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 679 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 489 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP