Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 Credit Term
Now that I have my plan mapped out, for the most part, I was doing a bit more research and came across some posts about the residency waiver and the 16 credit term. I thought I understood but I don't I know that it has been explained, sort of, but I need to ask in a way that it will be answered so I understand it.

Do I need to take 16 credits in one term? Capstone, Cornerstone, CIS-107, ART-100 PLA & random other course?

Or, can I take half in January and then the other half in March? 

If its the second case, half and half, Would I need to add an additional course to the second term because I wont be at 9. I would need to add that other course to get the flat rate tuition to kick in, correct? 

Based on the math: $4639 for flat rate. One class is $1557 but I need two for FA to kick in so that would be $3114. If I did all but 2 classes in the first term (say everything but that capstone and the CIS) I could then just enroll in those 2 classes for the second term. That would save me $1525. Is this the best route or should I just do half and half?

I am not eligible for the Pell Grant (no kids so apparently I am rich /s), so all classes taken prior to enrolling will be paid out of pocket and then financial aide will be used for the actually 16 -18 credits so I need to make sure I can get as much financial aide as possible to cover what I can.

That RW fee is ridiculous or else I would just do everything elsewhere
The flat rate tuition is for a single term.

You CAN choose a school that is cheaper. EC is $5,300 for 7cr, including the Enrollment fee of $1095. BUT, they have taken that off of their website, so I'm thinking it's actually only $4205; and if you decide to take 2 courses there in addition to the 7cr (so UL History courses), the total cost looks to be $6,085 for 13cr there.

Between Study.com, UExcel exams, ONU, and 2 EC courses, I think you're going to end up cheaper than TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-24-2021, 08:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The flat rate tuition is for a single term.

You CAN choose a school that is cheaper.  EC is $5,300 for 7cr, including the Enrollment fee of $1095.  BUT, they have taken that off of their website, so I'm thinking it's actually only $4205; and if you decide to take 2 courses there in addition to the 7cr (so UL History courses), the total cost looks to be $6,085 for 13cr there.

Between Study.com, UExcel exams, ONU, and 2 EC courses, I think you're going to end up cheaper than TESU.

There is no UL history on study for EC. I havent checked UExcel or ONU really yet. I am aware they dont have the RA req. But I was doing some reading and it looks like they waive something (maybe the fee you're referring to here) if you take 2 more classes with them. I think the post I was reading it on, it was you who commented. Anyway, if I do my corner and capstone as UL, plus those other 2 UL at EC that will help knock down a few I need elsewhere. I know that its not going to be free but I dont know how much FA covers and since I am not eligible for the grant I need to find the cheapest. 

I am in the process of figuring out what these mean: Arts & Science Electives, Applied Prof Credits, Additional Arts & Science and how many of each one I need to satisfy. I was looking at their course catalog. I need to email them and ask

Thanks
TESU is $519 per credit so 16 credits are $8304

Or you can do a 16cr flat rate for $4639 which all must be taken in one term.

If you do 16cr in one term, you are going to need at least 20hr a week to work on your studies with the main time spent on the capstone.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-24-2021, 09:02 AM)TheLibrarian Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 08:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The flat rate tuition is for a single term.

You CAN choose a school that is cheaper.  EC is $5,300 for 7cr, including the Enrollment fee of $1095.  BUT, they have taken that off of their website, so I'm thinking it's actually only $4205; and if you decide to take 2 courses there in addition to the 7cr (so UL History courses), the total cost looks to be $6,085 for 13cr there.

There is no UL history on study for EC. I havent checked UExcel or ONU really yet. I am aware they dont have the RA req. But I was doing some reading and it looks like they waive something (maybe the fee you're referring to here) if you take 2 more classes with them. I think the post I was reading it on, it was you who commented. Anyway, if I do my corner and capstone as UL, plus those other 2 UL at EC that will help knock down a few I need elsewhere. I know that its not going to be free but I dont know how much FA covers and since I am not eligible for the grant I need to find the cheapest. 

I am in the process of figuring out what these mean: Arts & Science Electives, Applied Prof Credits, Additional Arts & Science and how many of each one I need to satisfy. I was looking at their course catalog. I need to email them and ask

Thanks

To get your UL (18cr in the major), you'd do:
INTERMEDIATE OR UL US HISTORY - HIS322: Revolutionary America (EC)
INTERMEDIATE OR UL EUROPEAN HISTORY - HIS350: WWI or HIS353: Holocaust (EC)
CAPSTONE (EC)
INTERMEDIATE OR UL NON-WESTERN/GLOBAL HISTORY - HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics (ONU)
INTERMEDIATE OR UL NON-WESTERN/GLOBAL HISTORY - World Conflicts Since 1900 (UExcel)
HISTORY ELECTIVE - HIS-301: Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the US (Coopersmith)

The rest:
INTERMEDIATE OR UL US HISTORY - HIS 306: The American Civil War Era (Study.com)

INTERMEDIATE OR UL EUROPEAN HISTORY - HIS 311: The Holocaust and WWII (Study.com)
HISTORY ELECTIVE - HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War (Study.com)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EC works differently than TESU, so don't try to compare (just in case you were).

First, Arts & Sciences is the same as TESU's Liberal Arts - math, science, humanities and social sciences.  Your major will fit in here, so then you also need:
English Comp I & II
2 Humanites and 1 Ethics course
1 Natural Science, 1 Math, and then 1 additional NatSci or Math course
1 of these^^ needs to be UL, I would do BUS 318: Management Ethics (Study.com)

The remainder of your courses are Electives (Applied Professional counts here). 2 courses need to be UL, you could do anything (like business).

It's actually pretty simple.

The only things I'm not certain of:
1) if HIS 311: The Holocaust and WWII (SDC) does not duplicate either HIS350: WWI or HIS353: Holocaust (EC)
2) if HIS-301: Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the US is considered UL
You could find that out before taking them - and replace them with Sterling College courses
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TheLibrarian
(09-24-2021, 09:31 AM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU is $519 per credit so 16 credits are $8304

Or you can do a 16cr flat rate for $4639 which all must be taken in one term.

If you do 16cr in one term, you are going to need at least 20hr a week to work on your studies with the main time spent on the capstone.

I can manage that!

(09-24-2021, 09:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 09:02 AM)TheLibrarian Wrote:

Thanks

To get your UL (18cr in the major), you'd do:
INTERMEDIATE OR UL US HISTORY - HIS322: Revolutionary America (EC)
INTERMEDIATE OR UL EUROPEAN HISTORY - HIS350: WWI or HIS353: Holocaust (EC)
CAPSTONE (EC)
INTERMEDIATE OR UL NON-WESTERN/GLOBAL HISTORY - HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics (ONU)
INTERMEDIATE OR UL NON-WESTERN/GLOBAL HISTORY - World Conflicts Since 1900 (UExcel)
HISTORY ELECTIVE - HIS-301: Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the US (Coopersmith)

The rest:
INTERMEDIATE OR UL US HISTORY - HIS 306: The American Civil War Era (Study.com)

INTERMEDIATE OR UL EUROPEAN HISTORY - HIS 311: The Holocaust and WWII (Study.com)
HISTORY ELECTIVE - HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War (Study.com)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EC works differently than TESU, so don't try to compare (just in case you were).

First, Arts & Sciences is the same as TESU's Liberal Arts - math, science, humanities and social sciences.  Your major will fit in here, so then you also need:
English Comp I & II
2 Humanites and 1 Ethics course
1 Natural Science, 1 Math, and then 1 additional NatSci or Math course
1 of these^^ needs to be UL, I would do BUS 318: Management Ethics (Study.com)

The remainder of your courses are Electives (Applied Professional counts here). 2 courses need to be UL, you could do anything (like business).

It's actually pretty simple.

The only things I'm not certain of:
1) if HIS 311: The Holocaust and WWII (SDC) does not duplicate either HIS350: WWI or HIS353: Holocaust (EC)
2) if HIS-301: Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the US is considered UL
You could find that out before taking them - and replace them with Sterling College courses

Wow thats great! I really wanna do the class about the Pirates lol but its LL so it wont be worth anything to do it. I mean without giving up one of the UL which isnt a good idea

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,581 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 693 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Two capstones in one term Yenisei 4 353 01-19-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 792 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit distribution Kones 6 499 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,809 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 432 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  Two Capstones and Cornerstone in one term? TESU BUS-421, LIB-495, & SOS-110. CanICode 11 1,435 07-24-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,092 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Another source of cheap NCCRS credit Avidreader 8 1,081 06-11-2023, 02:14 AM