Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Bachelors = BLS & BA OR BABA - possible?
[quote pid='379898' dateline='1666044829']

Healthcare Organization & Management and Health Service Policy are not A&S courses so you'll have to choose something else.  Make sure you check SDC's website and choose courses that say A&S, Humanities, SocSci, etc.  Not Electives or Applied Professional.

Also, you cannot enroll at EU until you've graduated from high school.  You can take courses, but you can't graduate.  Not sure why you're going to graduate them at 14 & 16 anyway?  That seems very early.  You will have locked them into things, and you may not know if this is a good idea until later.  Your kid wants to go to a school for a specific degree - but the school won't accept them because it doesn't award 2nd bachelor's degrees.  They want to go to a competitive school for a master's degree - but the school won't accept them because they don't have enough graded credit.  Law school will be out of the question at most if not all law schools in the US.  I don't know - it just seems like you're making a big decision for them when they can't understand the ramifications of that decision yet.
[/quote]

Thank you for the heads up up about the health classes. I have swapped out the health classes for English 305: Advanced Technical Writing and Business 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior. 

I understand what you are saying, but this is not a decision that I am making for them. My kids have already met all graduation requirements, will have 87 credits at the time that they apply, and over 100 when they begin their first semester, none of which has been driven by me. I started homeschooling out of necessity due to the frequency of moving for my husband's military assignments (15x in 15 years), but this is not the path that I had planned, nor is it one that I would have thought possible. I was a typical public school kid, so this is all so new to me. My kids are completely self motivated, and to be honest, I am just trying to keep up and support them in their goals. Watching them excel actually inspired me to start working on my own degree last month, which was something I thought would not be possible due to my health/disabilities.

When it comes to why now... they know that at any time, the university can change their requirements, as well as what classes they will accept. This could result in a huge loss, so they have asked if they can just earn a basic "check the box" degree and move forward with other things. Once they earn their degree (most likely December 2023), and take a well deserved holiday, they plan on continuing to learn life skills, take online courses in areas of specific interests, earn certificates, possibly participate in an internship, volunteer, explore hobbies, and take time to discover what they want from the life that they are building for themselves. They will eventually begin to work and gain experience from the different jobs they have. 

Right now, I have one child who wants to create board/card games and be a freelance writer, artist, and animator, all while simply working in a bookshop. They have already started writing their first novel and are working hard at building up their portfolio. My other child wants to work with kids in some form; possibly teaching (tutoring), summer camp director or recreational coordinator, etc. They would also like to own their own photography business and has already started earning business through capturing candid moments during different events. 

The last thing I would want to do is prevent my kids from being able to live the life that they want, so I am more than willing to listen to anyone's opinion or experience, and plan to share it with my kids, so they can make an informed decision.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NBM123's post:
  • novadar
Business 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior is NOT a liberal arts course. Liberal arts are thing like humanities, social sciences, math, and science.
(10-18-2022, 08:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Business 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior is NOT a liberal arts course. Liberal arts are thing like humanities, social sciences, math, and science.

Actually, both TESU and EU count this as an UL Social Science course.  And they both count BUS 107: Organizational Behavior as LL Social Science (although EU will not bring in both).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-18-2022, 08:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 08:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Business 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior is NOT a liberal arts course. Liberal arts are thing like humanities, social sciences, math, and science.

Actually, both TESU and EU count this as an UL Social Science course.  And they both count BUS 107: Organizational Behavior as LL Social Science (although EU will not bring in both).

Ok that is super weird!
Some institutions have courses that can go into multiple spots or subject areas because of the content on the course that they have, it may overlap information in an Arts/Science course or a Business/Professional course... It really depends on the school taking the transfer credit and their policies...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-18-2022, 09:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 08:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Ok that is super weird!

It's because they count Org. Behavior as a Psychology (social science) course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-19-2022, 03:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 09:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Ok that is super weird!

It's because they count Org. Behavior as a Psychology (social science) course.

I get that but it is really weird. I've taken org behavior and a lot of it isn't psych.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick UMPI BABA to BAS switch denied anthonyk02 12 857 02-24-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  BABA v BLS Project Management - All Sophia Jbpooles1024 5 805 02-04-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan Help (Advice) 4KJB 1 519 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM
  UMPI BABA Inquiry jeremyeugenejames 5 622 12-20-2023, 10:41 PM
  Need Help With BABA Marketing Class selection rrrr 5 485 12-17-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Second bachelors pacing and options Junco 4 508 12-16-2023, 10:03 PM
  BABA MAT 140 Requirement and Learning Objective 3A, 3B - Covered by Sophia Calculus? FM1 13 1,154 12-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI BABA Degree Plan, did I miss anything? tlassit018 10 926 10-25-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: tlassit018
  BABA in Management and Leadership course difficulty ranking BigJohn1975 12 1,446 10-04-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  UMPI BABA LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM. Gijaodola 20 1,597 09-17-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: CCCollege