Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 new Study.com courses
Earth Science 104: Intro to Meteorology
CJ 301: White Collar Crime (LL)

Looks like the CJ course was supposed to be UL, so I imagine it will get updated at some point in time, but still available as LL for now (although I think you still have to do the projects and whatnot in spite of the LL?).

It would be nice if they stopped doing any new courses right now, and worked on modifying the courses that are UL through them but haven't gotten the UL designation from ACE yet (11 of those, 5 of which are Psych courses).  But we will take what we can get!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jsd, MNomadic, teacher2
As a TESU psych alum and advocate, I’ll second that sentimentBig Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • teacher2
Except adding UL computer science Wink
(06-06-2018, 10:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Earth Science 104: Intro to Meteorology

Looks like the CJ course was supposed to be UL, so I imagine it will get updated at some point in time, but still available as LL for now (although I think you still have to do the projects and whatnot in spite of the LL?).

It would be nice if they stopped doing any new courses right now, and worked on modifying the courses that are UL through them but haven't gotten the UL designation from ACE yet (11 of those, 5 of which are Psych courses).  But we will take what we can get!

For that matter it would be nice if they would work on making their courses understandable. I just took an exam which was so poorly written I couldn't understand what some of the questions were trying to ask. It seemed like it was written by someone who is not very fluent in English. The final project for the same class had vague instructions and many of the lessons throughout the course were poorly written and had no videos. Further, when you ask a support question it's like writing to a politician or health insurance company. That is, they don't actually answer your question and you wonder if they just have a script they send back if it sort of matches the general topic you asked about but doesn't actually address your question.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fork's post:
  • mc.christi
(06-08-2018, 06:05 AM)fork Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 10:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Earth Science 104: Intro to Meteorology

For that matter it would be nice if they would work on making their courses understandable. I just took an exam which was so poorly written I couldn't understand what some of the questions were trying to ask. It seemed like it was written by someone who is not very fluent in English. The final project for the same class had vague instructions and many of the lessons throughout the course were poorly written and had no videos. Further, when you ask a support question it's like writing to a politician or health insurance company. That is, they don't actually answer your question and you wonder if they just have a script they send back if it sort of matches the general topic you asked about but doesn't actually address your question.

I would actually post this in a separate thread and ask Study.com to come and answer it.  They usually will.  At the very least, they should be aware of the problem.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon
I think both the new courses are in response to requests to have more degree options available. For the Aviation degrees at TESU, Intro to Meteorology is required and was not available anywhere else in the alternative credit world. Now that box is checked. All that is not yet available to complete an Aviation Flight or Aviation Maintenance degree is Physics II lab (assuming someone could actually get through the Saylor Physics II main course - its tough).  All the rest of the courses needed for the Aviation degrees are either gen eds or are covered by FAA licenses. 

I assume the Criminal Justice course is to help fill out requirements for a Criminal Justice degree.
Big Grin 
(06-08-2018, 02:30 PM)bsimi Wrote: I think both the new courses are in response to requests to have more degree options available. For the Aviation degrees at TESU, Intro to Meteorology is required and was not available anywhere else in the alternative credit world. Now that box is checked. All that is not yet available to complete an Aviation Flight or Aviation Maintenance degree is Physics II lab (assuming someone could actually get through the Saylor Physics II main course - its tough).  All the rest of the courses needed for the Aviation degrees are either gen eds or are covered by FAA licenses. 

I assume the Criminal Justice course is to help fill out requirements for a Criminal Justice degree.

I'm not saying to never add new courses again, just that it would be nice if they could focus on the LL that were supposed to be UL.  It would be nice for me to have a nice clean spreadsheet, and not have little notes off to the side saying "LL for now."  Big Grin
(06-08-2018, 02:30 PM)bsimi Wrote: I think both the new courses are in response to requests to have more degree options available. For the Aviation degrees at TESU, Intro to Meteorology is required and was not available anywhere else in the alternative credit world. Now that box is checked. All that is not yet available to complete an Aviation Flight or Aviation Maintenance degree is Physics II lab (assuming someone could actually get through the Saylor Physics II main course - its tough).  All the rest of the courses needed for the Aviation degrees are either gen eds or are covered by FAA licenses. 

Davar Academy has Intro to Meteorology.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • jsd

Seriously, how many people are getting an Aviation degree, versus a Psych degree?  I mean, it has to be astronomical (50:1?  100:1:  1000:1?  No clue but it's got to be a big difference).  You might be opening up some more degrees, but certainly not helping more people.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,360 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,488 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,741 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 605 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat