Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 at my school but 300 at big3
If I've got a class I took at my B&M state college that is 200 here, but is 300 when you uexcel or tecep out of it, what do you guys think is going to happen to it in an evaluation?

ie: microbiology

I know you can't predict with certainty, just looking for thoughts
plaidwandering Wrote:If I've got a class I took at my B&M state college that is 200 here, but is 300 when you uexcel or tecep out of it, what do you guys think is going to happen to it in an evaluation?

At TESC it will likely transfer as an upper level if you took it at a 4yr college. I took some lower level courses at a 4yr college and TESC transferred them in as upper level.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Hmm, it is a RA state college, though the 4 year degree offerings are a pretty small list so far
plaidwandering Wrote:Hmm, it is a RA state college, though the 4 year degree offerings are a pretty small list so far

My lower level courses that transferred to upper level were from one of the Art Institutes, which pretty much everyone knows doesn't have the best reputation. The one I went to was accredited as a business school and wasn't even recognize by the same group that accredits most of the art schools. I don't think it really matters either how many 4 year programs they offer, as long as they do offer 4 year RA programs.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
plaidwandering Wrote:If I've got a class I took at my B&M state college that is 200 here, but is 300 when you uexcel or tecep out of it, what do you guys think is going to happen to it in an evaluation?

I can only speak for TESC on this, but I know my spouse had a 200 level course at her CC that TESC treats as a 300. TESC did NOT give her UL credit, but gave her the generic 299 code for the course.

TESC specifically states in their catalog that CC credits will be treated as lower level no matter what. If your B&M was a "4-yr", it may be a different story and the registrar may be able to assist.

EDIT: Sorry, i responded without reading the other posts. Apparently this was answered already.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
SweetSecret Wrote:At TESC it will likely transfer as an upper level if you took it at a 4yr college. I took some lower level courses at a 4yr college and TESC transferred them in as upper level.

I agree with Sweets- it's a good possibility that you'll get 300. That's been their pattern with Micro coming from 4-yr and SL vs CC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying to PA school ashtonnewman 18 4,031 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,467 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,734 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Tesu..finish a degree ad grad school Sb2013 11 3,338 05-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Last Post: SDO
  Need Help - School that awards 60 credit general Asscociate Degree Synicaal 9 2,506 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Which school accepts FEMA? collegechick 13 9,222 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  How many donate to their school as alumni? Life Long Learning 7 2,276 11-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  I'm finished and grad school encouragement bannerfield 8 2,664 09-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  anyone had an issue applying for Grad school with a TESU degree? CM1999 5 3,248 07-09-2017, 04:15 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Best school to transfer NYPD Academy transcript mdel210201 30 9,934 06-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: mdel210201