Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$250 SH Grad Level using TA
I was looking at enrolling at TUI University after I complete my BSL through Excelsior. If you are military, they only charge you what ever your Tuition Assistance Cap is, which is currently $250 a semester hour. Even for Graduate Level courses. 4 Semester Hour course is $1000 including course materials.

Does anyone have any experience with this school? I know they are regionally accredited and it sounds like good deal to me.
TUI University
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I looked into them a bit ago and they have some very nice degree programs...depending what you are looking for. A lot of people on this base "go " there. Not a lot of feedback for you but at least nothing bad! What are you thinking of getting your Masters in ?

I am looking hard at American Military University. Same $250 per grad credit and pretty flexible classes etc. For once I am happy that many of the courses are 16 weeks since I am not rushing like I was for my BA and wanted to test out of everything or just sign up for the course but do all the work in a week! They have plenty of 8 week courses too. Accredited Online University - American Military University (AMU) - Military Distance Learning Degree Programs
AMU has been really responsive to my million and one questions so far. I am looking at either a Masters in Education - Elementary Ed or School Guidance.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
YokotaJo Wrote:I looked into them a bit ago and they have some very nice degree programs...depending what you are looking for. A lot of people on this base "go " there. Not a lot of feedback for you but at least nothing bad! What are you thinking of getting your Masters in ?

I am looking hard at American Military University. Same $250 per grad credit and pretty flexible classes etc. For once I am happy that many of the courses are 16 weeks since I am not rushing like I was for my BA and wanted to test out of everything or just sign up for the course but do all the work in a week! They have plenty of 8 week courses too. Accredited Online University - American Military University (AMU) - Military Distance Learning Degree Programs
AMU has been really responsive to my million and one questions so far. I am looking at either a Masters in Education - Elementary Ed or School Guidance.

I second that!!! APUS is the way to go!!! (AMU and APU are 2 colleges within the university- they offer identical degree options)
Also, APUS is nationally and regionally accredited! One of (if still not the only) university in the USA holding both.
Their tuition is-and will be exactly -the dollar amount allowed by the military. It's on purpose Smile
cookderosa Wrote:I second that!!! APUS is the way to go!!! (AMU and APU are 2 colleges within the university- they offer identical degree options)
Also, APUS is nationally and regionally accredited! One of (if still not the only) university in the USA holding both.
Their tuition is-and will be exactly -the dollar amount allowed by the military. It's on purpose Smile

I called AMU up and they told me that I would have to pay $75 out of pocket for a Grad course ($825 per 3 SH) plus the books. Unless the person I talked to didn't know what she was talking about. I was also looking at them as well, but I might go with TUI University. I am looking at their Masters in Health Sciences-Public Health and also a Grad Certificate in Environmental Health Science. I still have a few months to decide. I guess I'll wait until the Bachelors is on my wall to make that decision. Big Grin
Thanks for the input,

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

LU has some good grad programs and they only require 30 units, compared to 36 to 42 with other schools. I even believe they will do the 250.00 a unit plan for military.

Just a thought.
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
bat21 Wrote:LU has some good grad programs and they only require 30 units, compared to 36 to 42 with other schools. I even believe they will do the 250.00 a unit plan for military.

Just a thought.

What's LU, do you have a website?

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed

I just enrolled in my first class with TUI, about half way through. I did a lot of research on line and through associates before selecting the school. Basically everything I heard or read was positive and they have not let me down. I get swift responses from Admissions, Bursar, Advisors, and PHDs… every time! I had a negative experience from my last on line class through TESC (Sociology) where I never received grades until after the course ended. Exact opposite here and I receive feedback for every post, every paper, every email… I have two associates enrolled there as well. One is completing undergrad, the other graduate work. They would cite similar experiences.

Hope this helps. ICS
cheersmate
2012 - Executive Certificate, University of Notre Dame
2010 - Master of Business Administration, TUI University
2008 - Bachelor of Science, Excelsior College
2002 - Airframe & Powerplant License, Federal Aviation Administration
1998 - Associates Degree, Community College of the Air Force

Acquired 306 total credits: CCAF - 93, Exams - 66, ACE - 67, Other - 80:patriot:
clep101 Wrote:What's LU, do you have a website?
Liberty University
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passing NUC495 and other upper level classes without taking 100/200 level classes Randy8876 0 1,567 02-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Randy8876
  (New to Military) Does the AF pay for grad school if I enter OTS? horsewhiz 1 991 08-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  GI Bill and Grad School SRT12 1 1,021 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Last Post: smokey2011
  CCAF Grad in a pickle. TESC or UMUC? jerseyfla 11 2,262 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: drewthedude
  Waiver of application fee for grad schools creationstory 0 4,808 05-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Last Post: creationstory