Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd BA Degree in Accounting at TESU - Clarification Question
(03-06-2018, 06:23 AM)acamp Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 11:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 09:28 PM)acamp Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 08:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here is the BSBA in Accounting spreadsheet - I modified it for you.  You should be able to put in anything you've already taken, and see what's left.

Also, what was your first degree in?

Dfrecore:
Can you explain the differences between the 3 tabs for that attachment?  My first degree was in Liberal Studies

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had those other tabs there.

The 2nd tab is the full degree (including the Gen Ed portion, which you won't need), plus has the Accounting/CPA track requirements from TESU (an additional 6cr).

The 3rd tab is for someone who asked about FL CPA requirements - each state has their own, so this probably wouldn't apply to you.

Okay thank you.   Ideally the plan would be to pursue the CPA track so I would need.  Also, most likely I would get the CPA in NJ.  Do you happen to have an a plan made for degree track for CPA in NJ?

No, sorry.  Every state is different, and I couldn't do 50 of them.  We ended up having a big discussion on this forum about FL in particular for someone, so I was able to create that one, but I'd have to have a lot more info to figure out NJ.  If YOU do the research, then asked questions here, others could pipe in and help though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-06-2018, 10:47 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:23 AM)acamp Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 11:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 09:28 PM)acamp Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 08:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here is the BSBA in Accounting spreadsheet - I modified it for you.  You should be able to put in anything you've already taken, and see what's left.

Also, what was your first degree in?

Dfrecore:
Can you explain the differences between the 3 tabs for that attachment?  My first degree was in Liberal Studies

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had those other tabs there.

The 2nd tab is the full degree (including the Gen Ed portion, which you won't need), plus has the Accounting/CPA track requirements from TESU (an additional 6cr).

The 3rd tab is for someone who asked about FL CPA requirements - each state has their own, so this probably wouldn't apply to you.

Okay thank you.   Ideally the plan would be to pursue the CPA track so I would need.  Also, most likely I would get the CPA in NJ.  Do you happen to have an a plan made for degree track for CPA in NJ?

No, sorry.  Every state is different, and I couldn't do 50 of them.  We ended up having a big discussion on this forum about FL in particular for someone, so I was able to create that one, but I'd have to have a lot more info to figure out NJ.  If YOU do the research, then asked questions here, others could pipe in and help though.

No of course - I didn't expect you to do that.  I just wasn't sure if you had the other states as well besides Florida, that's all.  As always, I truly appreciate all the help you have given.   Smile
(03-06-2018, 06:23 AM)acamp Wrote: Okay thank you. Ideally the plan would be to pursue the CPA track so I would need. Also, most likely I would get the CPA in NJ. Do you happen to have an a plan made for degree track for CPA in NJ?

I would expect NJ to be one of the states that TESU advising might actually be able to help you with. Although TESU will only tell you what TESU courses to take to qualify. You would have to do extra legwork to be sure alternative credit will work.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Muldoon
(03-06-2018, 10:54 AM)davewill Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:23 AM)acamp Wrote: Okay thank you.   Ideally the plan would be to pursue the CPA track so I would need.  Also, most likely I would get the CPA in NJ.  Do you happen to have an a plan made for degree track for CPA in NJ?

I would expect NJ to be one of the states that TESU advising might actually be able to help you with. Although TESU will only tell you what TESU courses to take to qualify. You would have to do extra legwork to be sure alternative credit will work.

I think a lot of the issue is for each state, there are requirements for if ACE-recommended courses will work, or if they have to be B&M non-online courses, or whatever.  Some states are very specific.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Okay great. So when I contact the state about the CPA eligibility status, are there specific questions I should ask regarding the ACE-credited classes? Or should I just ask them if on the bachelor's degree I have ace-credited courses from online courses if that will be acceptable?
It states right on the TESU website that their BSBA Accounting/CPA degree program "The BSBA in Accounting/CPA will provide CPA bound students with the prerequisites required to sit for the CPA exam in the state of New Jersey."  It defiantly has stricter course guidelines than their standard BSBA in Accounting.

https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/AccountingCPA.cfm
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Again, it's not about TESU, it's about what types of courses the state will allow (butt-in-seat vs online, etc.). You can actually just look it up online. Most of the people at the state probably will not understand "ACE-recommended" or things like that. That will just completely confuse them.

https://www.accountingedu.org/new-jersey-cpa.html
I found one thread here where someone asked the NJ board and they said so long as the credits appear on an official transcript, they will work:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Accounting

Be worth following up.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Yenisei
Hi again all,
So when I contacted TESU, they said for the 2nd BA degree in Accounting, they don’t base it out of 120 credits but rather I need to complete all the AOS classes and then plus an additional 22 credits.

Does that change anything? Or can I still take all the credits (except the capstone) through SL, study, etc?

Thanks all.
(03-07-2018, 09:19 AM)acamp Wrote: Hi again all,
So when I contacted TESU, they said for the 2nd BA degree in Accounting, they don’t base it out of 120 credits but rather I need to complete all the AOS classes and then plus an additional 22 credits.  

Does that change anything?  Or can I still take all the credits (except the capstone) through SL, study, etc?

Thanks all.

For the Accounting/CPA track, you need 150cr, I'm not certain how many need to be Business related, and how many accounting-specific, so you need to determine that.

And yes, you can take them all through ACE-recommended courses.

Also, did TESU say whether they are Level 1, 2 or 3?  Because I've never heard that, but it does specify on the CPA website I linked to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,206 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic