Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd bachelor degree -- how does it work?
jsd Wrote:Not at all unheard of. I'm doing my second right now at WGU after finishing my first with TESU, in fact.

How did they work the transfer credits? It looks like their degree plans have specific GE classes that they want you to take for the degrees, do you have to take the ones that match what they're wanting or did they take your GE credits from wherever and just apply them there?
theonlyski Wrote:How did they work the transfer credits? It looks like their degree plans have specific GE classes that they want you to take for the degrees, do you have to take the ones that match what they're wanting or did they take your GE credits from wherever and just apply them there?

WGU will give you a block transfer of your Gen Ed's if you have already earned an AA/AS or BA/BS. They do not say that they will take an AAS for the same transfer, so that won't be as useful (at WGU).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:WGU will give you a block transfer of your Gen Ed's if you have already earned an AA/AS or BA/BS. They do not say that they will take an AAS for the same transfer, so that won't be as useful (at WGU).

Yup, based on my BA they cleared out all the general ed stuff.

They accept AAS, but they do seem to imply it won't clear everything out the same way an AA/AS will:
Quote:
  • If you hold an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from an institution that is recognized as nationally or regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, you should clear all or many of the lower-division requirements for a bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology. For Health Professions and Teachers College programs, a course-by-course evaluation is typically required. Only an official transcript evaluation can determine how many requirements you may be able to waive.
  • If you earned an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or other applied associate’s degree, you may be able to clear a significant portion of WGU's lower-division degree requirements.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 550 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 252 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 558 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,651 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 560 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 491 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 837 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,222 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,780 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74