Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd degree in CS
Hi all,

I started this a couple years ago but never finished it. This year, I would actually like to complete it and listed below are the courses required that I have left:

1) Operating Systems (almost complete)
2) Computer Architecture
3) Data Structures
4) 4 CS electives
5) Liberal Arts Capstone

I am thinking about doing Study.com for the 1st 3 as well as electives (Database Mgmt & R Programming) then MIS from DAVAR academy. The other elective I am thinking about taking is Artificial Intelligence from TESU. On the other hand, I may take that IBM Data science certificate that transfers in 6 credits. What do you all think about my plan?

Additionally, I wanted to know if anyone knows any strategy for Study.com courses or any study tips and tricks you can point me to? Thanks!
Are you sure this is all you need? Do you have RA credits or are you a student from a couple of years ago who has no RA credit? If you don't have a recent degree evaluation from TESU, you should probably apply/enroll ASAP to lock in the current catalog and to confirm that's all you need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ghwang808
(03-18-2023, 05:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you sure this is all you need? Do you have RA credits or are you a student from a couple of years ago who has no RA credit? If you don't have a recent degree evaluation from TESU, you should probably apply/enroll ASAP to lock in the current catalog and to confirm that's all you need.

I have my degree evaluation but I do not know what RA credits mean.
RA credit is credit from a Regionally Accredited college or university. Courses from places like Study.com are alternate credit and not RA.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ghwang808
(03-18-2023, 10:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote: RA credit is credit from a Regionally Accredited college or university. Courses from places like Study.com are alternate credit and not RA.

Gotcha. This is my 2nd degree from TESU, most of them is from RA and a couple Study.com courses.
Okay, good! A few years ago, it was possible to graduate TESU with few/no RA credits at all, so I wanted to confirm that you had at least 30 of them.

In that case, your plan sounds good. Although, I'm not sure that the Data Science certificate would count as a CS elective. AFAIK, DSI and ITS courses don't always count for CS. You'd probably be better off taking the IBM Full Stack Software Developer Professional Certificate. That one has 2 cloud computing courses (one of which is upper level), plus Python programming - at least 9 credits that would count toward a CS degree. There are also some ITS courses that may or may not count.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Thank you. What about Software engineering at Study.com? ARe there any study tips you would recommend for Study.com?
(03-18-2023, 12:13 PM)ghwang808 Wrote: Thank you. What about Software engineering at Study.com? ARe there any study tips you would recommend for Study.com?

My recommendation is to take the Software engineering at Saylor.com it comes in as a UL course, do not waste your time taking the one from SDC is a LL division. You can use the study material from SDC as a reference.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(03-18-2023, 12:13 PM)ghwang808 Wrote: Thank you. What about Software engineering at Study.com? ARe there any study tips you would recommend for Study.com?

I would take it for LL credits, and then take the Saylor exam for $5 for UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
(03-18-2023, 01:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I would take it for LL credits, and then take the Saylor exam for $5 for UL.

You can do Software engineering for LL and UL? So, are you saying that would transfer in 6 credits?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 280 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,756 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 496 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,263 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,014 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az