Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: TESU Dual Degree History/General Management
Just a Quick Update on my own after-work studies: It's been slow going since I was activity management on nights for the last several years. I have been recently taking on a new overseas project and will be back in Asia in 2023. So I have four months to try and knock out most of this. Please remember that this is my second degree from TESU after my BALS in Social Sciences. I have financial support from my company, and the costs are close to zero for the time being. I'm trying to complete this program before the pressure mounts in 2023/2024 to begin a formal Master's Degree that my company will want me in. I took most of the history classes from other universities, and one from Sophia. I took the Principles of Management course from Sophia as well. My project management study is for validating my current knowledge, and for getting my PMP CERT from PMI. Once I'm close to the end of these PMI Prep Study Courses I may begin the ENEB Masters in Project Management. I welcome your questions and comments, and I learn new ideas from what I read here daily.

General Management AOS Needed: I will use Study.com for most if not all of these.
MAN-415 Change Management
NEG-401 Negotiations and Conflict Management - Ongoing TECEP
PSY-360 Organizational Theory
PSY-363 Industrial Psychology
MAN-373 Managerial Communications
Liberal Arts Capstone

History AOS Needed: I will Use Study.com for most if not all of these.
Non-Western
Historical Mthds
UL History
UL History
Liberal Arts Capstone

Extra Course Completed for Project Management:
Google Project Management Ongoing
Saylor Project Management Not Started
Sophia Project Management Done
PMI Study With Current Company Ongoing
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
On a separate note, I am currently studying for NEG-401 Negotiations and Conflict Management TECEP using the Saylor course. The material is spread out onto other sites, and it's not very organized. However, I do like the material and find it useful within my own career. I was able to find "Fisher, R., & Ury, W. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In (current edition). New York, NY: Penguin Books." on Audable.com and since I already have a subscription there was no extra cost.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
(10-10-2022, 04:47 PM)vetvso Wrote: Just a Quick Update on my own after-work studies: It's been slow going since I was activity management on nights for the last several years. I have been recently taking on a new overseas project and will be back in Asia in 2023. So I have four months to try and knock out most of this. Please remember that this is my second degree from TESU after my BALS in Social Sciences. I have financial support from my company, and the costs are close to zero for the time being. I'm trying to complete this program before the pressure mounts in 2023/2024 to begin a formal Master's Degree that my company will want me in. I took most of the history classes from other universities, and one from Sophia. I took the Principles of Management course from Sophia as well. My project management study is for validating my current knowledge, and for getting my PMP CERT from PMI. Once I'm close to the end of these PMI Prep Study Courses I may begin the ENEB Masters in Project Management. I welcome your questions and comments, and I learn new ideas from what I read here daily.

General Management AOS Needed: I will use Study.com for most if not all of these.
Liberal Arts Capstone

Non-Western
Historical Mthds
UL History
UL History
Liberal Arts Capstone

Obviously you'll only need the 1 capstone course; Change Management is not available through Study.com or alt-credit, you must take it at TESU unless you can find a cheaper RA option out there; Non-western history is also not available through Study.com.

If I were you, I'd probably do the 16cr term and take Change Management and history at TESU:

Non-western history courses available:
HIS-261: Intro to Chinese History & Culture
HIS-301: African History & Culture (UL)
HIS-310: The Middle East (UL)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@vetvso, you may want to review the WIKI in regards to the courses and options required for the AOS, here's the Gen Ed link, it'll have the sub links to the History and other course options you may be looking for.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-10-2022, 08:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 04:47 PM)vetvso Wrote: Just a Quick Update on my own after-work studies: It's been slow going since I was activity management on nights for the last several years. I have been recently taking on a new overseas project and will be back in Asia in 2023. So I have four months to try and knock out most of this. Please remember that this is my second degree from TESU after my BALS in Social Sciences. I have financial support from my company, and the costs are close to zero for the time being. I'm trying to complete this program before the pressure mounts in 2023/2024 to begin a formal Master's Degree that my company will want me in. I took most of the history classes from other universities, and one from Sophia. I took the Principles of Management course from Sophia as well. My project management study is for validating my current knowledge, and for getting my PMP CERT from PMI. Once I'm close to the end of these PMI Prep Study Courses I may begin the ENEB Masters in Project Management. I welcome your questions and comments, and I learn new ideas from what I read here daily.

Liberal Arts Capstone

Non-Western
Historical Mthds
UL History
UL History
Liberal Arts Capstone

Obviously you'll only need the 1 capstone course; Change Management is not available through Study.com or alt-credit, you must take it at TESU unless you can find a cheaper RA option out there; Non-western history is also not available through Study.com.

If I were you, I'd probably do the 16cr term and take Change Management and history at TESU:

Non-western history courses available:
HIS-261: Intro to Chinese History & Culture
HIS-301: African History & Culture (UL)
HIS-310: The Middle East (UL)

I will most like to take 2-3 classes from TESU. I have many options for non-western history and may use the community college online. If I get funding at work for HIS-310: The Middle East then I will take it at TESU since I already the books.

(10-11-2022, 02:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @vetvso, you may want to review the WIKI in regards to the courses and options required for the AOS, here's the Gen Ed link, it'll have the sub links to the History and other course options you may be looking for.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Thank you, and the wiki it is very helpful. The use of Saylor and study.com is somewhat new to me. However, since my employer will pay for most of this I'm looking forward to getting more done. 

For my PMP study I use this often along with my other classes. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378519

For me, the hardest part is always the balance of work, family, and school. Everything needs its time, and school is a forever journey of lifelong learning. I enjoy validating something I have learned from reading via, a test, ace course, or taking a college class.
I received word yesterday that my employer will be paying for a 5-day PMI/PMP BootCamp for me to get my PMP CERT. I'm considering taking the test in Dec if I finish all of my prep work by the time of the boot camp is finished.
Has anyone heard of TESU or others excepting class credit for the PMP CERT from PMI? I did see a statement from ASU that they do accept it for at least one class.
(10-19-2022, 07:40 AM)vetvso Wrote: Has anyone heard of TESU or others excepting class credit for the PMP CERT from PMI? I did see a statement from ASU that they do accept it for at least one class.

If the PMP was completed between 1/1/2008 and 5/31/2021, COSC recommends up to 9 credits: https://www.charteroak.edu/pla/credit-by...ng-exp.php

TESU might accept that recommendation since "the University may be able to accept credit recommendations or awards that result from another CACE institution’s review of a training program or professional credential without the requirement of a transcript from the reviewing institution".
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(10-19-2022, 08:11 AM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 07:40 AM)vetvso Wrote: Has anyone heard of TESU or others excepting class credit for the PMP CERT from PMI? I did see a statement from ASU that they do accept it for at least one class.

If the PMP was completed between 1/1/2008 and 5/31/2021, COSC recommends up to 9 credits: https://www.charteroak.edu/pla/credit-by...ng-exp.php

TESU might accept that recommendation since "the University may be able to accept credit recommendations or awards that result from another CACE institution’s review of a training program or professional credential without the requirement of a transcript from the reviewing institution".

If I remember correctly that is only for undergraduate work. I'm more interested in credit at the graduate level since that is where most programs discuss using their graduate degree program to get the PMP CERT. It does not make sense to take coursework over in my opinion but I know they want to make money.
Since you already have a bachelor's why not just go for the master's?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 614 10 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 140 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 9 158 Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 538 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM