Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie
(10-19-2023, 09:07 AM)Kab Wrote: I do not think the exam option will have a mark for each subject. This can complicate transferability.

Those who need to transfer credit or need any type of transcript do not need to take the test only program.  I could see a foreign credential evaluation for those who only need degree equivalency for employment purposes without grades but this could be an issue for those who need grades for further education purposes. The evaluation would be similar to Western Governors University who only grades on a PASS or FAIL.  It may work for some but I wouldn't take my chances for those who want to further their education or transfer for further graduate work.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
Basically, It's an additional cost, so essentially, the cost of the MBA & Masters, plus $129 per credential for the exam option...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If your Double Master's program is still active, you can change your assessment method for €219 (available in your local currency by accessing the payment link) - Only until October 31st!

I could see the test option as good for those who have done atleast 2 Masters from ENEB because if you have atleast 2 under your belt with the traditional option, you would be nearly or about half way done with all the courses ENEB offers. For those who just want to collect diplomas, I would take a few of these exams to test out if it meant saving some time and money only if I have atleast 50% of my courses showing grades that were completed the traditional way.

Whenever I decide to enroll, I will take the traditional route but if I see getting more than 2 ENEB degrees advantageous which I don't but may want to do it for the heck of it, I would experiment with the exam option to finish the rest of them. I would then have them evaluated with IEE or possibly another FCE to see how they would evaluate. One Masters is enough, two is a lot, and anything more than that would be a hobby.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
Hmm, I've been searching and haven't found a review on the 'exam' option, I recall they are setting up the exams now and they'll be ready soon... Has someone signed up? How was the sign up process? They still have the deal going on for the exams option instead of the traditional course assignment completion version...

(10-25-2023, 11:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I've been searching and haven't found a review on the 'exam' option, I recall they are setting up the exams now and they'll be ready soon... Has someone signed up? How was the sign up process?  They still have the deal going on for the exams option instead of the traditional course assignment completion version...

I have signed up for the Dual MBA/Masters but have not gotten into the main site to check things out yet. I sent an email to admissions asking about the exam options specifically as I was not able to locate a valid link to it. They sent me an email the next day with the basic sales pitch and the option to sign up. The sign up process was simple to say the least. The combo cost me $239 and I have not selected the Masters subject yet. I was going to check with the board to see which is the easiest before choosing as there are several that would be decent for me but I think I will do that in the main ENEB thread.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
I'm still very disappointed that they went with the short exam scheme. Still one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen in this space, and I feel confident in saying that almost no one wanted them to do that. I just see it as a ticking time bomb with evaluators, because they're generally not interested in doing things like separating which degree was earned properly and which one wasn't from the same school. If one is improper, they usually just blacklist the school, and to be honest, rightfully so.

I'll just say, if you earned a degree from this association the right way (by taking actual courses and writing papers), get your evaluation done ASAP and squeeze all of the utility you can out of it now, because a time is coming where the degree won't be worth the pixels it's made with because of that one incredibly ill-advised move.
I just emailed them about the exam option a couple of questions and here was their response:

Quote:Dear [name],

Thank you for getting in touch with us,

-Does the diploma differ from those who took the course modules?
  • The diplomas will remind the same. 
-How does the transcript look like compared to those who did the course modules and what are the differences? I am mainly asking for if an employer or another university were to request transcripts, what exactly would they be seeing?
  • The only difference between the transcripts is that in the traditional one, they have all the courses listed with their project's grades. The test transcript has all the courses listed. However, instead of showing grades by course, it shows the average grade from the test.

Does it show Pass/Fail or how does the transcript differentiate itself from those who took the modules in the traditional way? Or does it look the same (with grades depending on how well you did on the exam)? 
  • The grades go from 0 to 10. 

Let us know if you have more questions,

Kind regards,
[-] The following 1 user Likes karehiro's post:
  • priceaction

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March 2024 - News, News, and more News! bjcheung77 4 371 04-10-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 193 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 184 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
  Feb 2024 - Acquisitions and News bjcheung77 1 199 02-15-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 497 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 273 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,385 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 366 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 452 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 908 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee