Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
308 Globalization and International Management - Study.com
Thanks for the reply ndelcollo. I started my journey under the assumption that I would be able to study a subject and then "test out" of it. I'll be very blunt in saying the last thing I want to do is to write essays all the time. One essay now and then is no problem. Looks like I'll taking the Business in Society Tecep this time. Please stop adding assignments Study.com. I'd appreciate it.
This is the one I mentioned my son absolutely hating because of the absurd amount of essays. Don't overthink it - just go number by number through the rubric and address each part. Don't worry about the whole "case study" aspect - just write an essay with the rubric items included, in order, and you'll do fine. I realize now the best way to go is to just bang something out quickly, turn it in, and then use their comments to improve your score. My son easily added 10 or more points to each essay in minutes by making the suggested changes.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Would a business ethics class at a cc or university fulfill this requirement?
There are alternatives to the International Business/Business in Society requirement:

Penn Foster has International Business, right now it expires on 4/30/17, so you'd want to enroll and get started ASAP - $329

CSU-Global has Management in the Global Economy - $250

DavarAcademy.com has International Management - $70 + $25 to ProctorU

I know which one I'd go with!!

Also, no ethics course will give you International Business credit. If it doesn't say something about International (or Global) and Business (or Management), then it won't work. Except the TECEP, for whatever reason.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Yenisei
Btaylor89 Wrote:Would a business ethics class at a cc or university fulfill this requirement?

TESU did accept StraighterLine's Business Ethics to fulfill the Business in Society/International Management last year for me, but unfortunately they updated the equivalencies and it won't work anymore. Dfrecore still has some good alternatives in her post though!
Thanks. Davar sounds like it might be a good option. I've never heard of them. How long does it take to complete their course and what does that course consist of? I went to their site but didn't see a syllabus.
Davar is Tor College Credits, renamed.if you create an account (free), you can login and download the syllabus and study material
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Davar is Tor College Credits, renamed.if you create an account (free), you can login and download the syllabus and study material

I made an account to get the syllabus but then when I went to download it, it seemed they wanted me to pay before continuing. Maybe I did something wrong.
rowan555 Wrote:This is the one I mentioned my son absolutely hating because of the absurd amount of essays. Don't overthink it - just go number by number through the rubric and address each part. Don't worry about the whole "case study" aspect - just write an essay with the rubric items included, in order, and you'll do fine. I realize now the best way to go is to just bang something out quickly, turn it in, and then use their comments to improve your score. My son easily added 10 or more points to each essay in minutes by making the suggested changes.

Is it worth writing the essays BEFORE you go through the rest of the course so that you can be going through the course while you wait for them back or will you have no idea what to put in the essay if you do that?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Is it worth writing the essays BEFORE you go through the rest of the course so that you can be going through the course while you wait for them back or will you have no idea what to put in the essay if you do that?

Oh absolutely - that would be a great idea. It's very easy to go and read the few sections the essays are based on. You'll use outside sources for most of the papers anyway.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,313 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,660 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 248 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue