Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In
40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In

https://www.gradschools.com/degree-guide...th-low-gpa
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-02-2022, 07:16 AM)LevelUP Wrote: 40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In

This title cracked me up. Possible translation:

'If you fell short in your undergraduate degree, don't worry; we have a Grad school for you!!!

All jokes aside, I love that there are countless options for all students striving to learn more and gain a work advantage.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • sanantone
(11-02-2022, 11:19 AM)KSoul Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:16 AM)LevelUP Wrote: 40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In

This title cracked me up. Possible translation:

'If you fell short in your undergraduate degree, don't worry; we have a Grad school for you!!!

All jokes aside, I love that there are countless options for all students striving to learn more and gain a work advantage.

Ya, I agree the title is funny. 

We have a few people that have low GPA undergrad degrees coming into the forums.

Usually, people who complete degrees at the colleges we recommend here can achieve a GPA of at least 3.0.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
#1 should probably be Harvard Extension. They don't have an undergrad GPA requirement - if you have a bachelors, you're pretty much good to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • newdegree
(11-03-2022, 05:45 AM)smartdegree Wrote: #1 should probably be Harvard Extension.  They don't have an undergrad GPA requirement - if you have a bachelors, you're pretty much good to go.

Agree and you get the "Harvard Education Experience and Brand". I am tired of hearing graduates cry that their degree is not valued the same as an actual elite Harvard University Degree but that's for a whole different discussion. People need to do other research and weigh out their options and cost to ensure they are getting the best deal, degree, and school for their value. Just because it looks nice doesn't mean it will perform the same functions as the real thing. It's like buying a Kia Forte and expecting it to perform like a race car when you sure as hell know it won't but you go for it anyways.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • ss20ts
Colorado-Boulder also has online options. If you fancy an engineering or data science degree, you can get admission without showing any prior college records.

(11-03-2022, 10:23 AM)newdegree Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 05:45 AM)smartdegree Wrote: #1 should probably be Harvard Extension.  They don't have an undergrad GPA requirement - if you have a bachelors, you're pretty much good to go.

Agree and you get the "Harvard Education Experience and Brand". I am tired of hearing graduates cry that their degree is not valued the same as an actual elite Harvard University Degree but that's for a whole different discussion. People need to do other research and weigh out their options and cost to ensure they are getting the best deal, degree, and school for their value. Just because it looks nice doesn't mean it will perform the same functions as the real thing. It's like buying a Kia Forte and expecting it to perform like a race car when you sure as hell know it won't but you go for it anyways.

Harvard grads who obtained their degree from the Extension school isn't crying about the perceived value of their degree. The issue is that Harvard hides the major in background checks. Harvard wants employers to know the student didn't attend Harvard College, but that's clearly the wrong way to do it. You can have some redbull if people's crying is making you tired.
Whoever created that article duplicated Fort Hays State, #34 and #35. No wonder there was a #41 at the very end when the article references 40... anyways, this is just a partial list, there are many more that have "low" GPA requirements, even some local, public/state colleges/universities, including the 'main' ones we have listed on this forum. It's just that they don't show what the other criteria are, such as tuition and what not... They only have one indicator in the article...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • LevelUP
Since graduate degree programs are much more likely to be money makers for schools, finding a program isn't usually a problem. Finding one with a stipend or subsidized in some way, or a "name brand" is harder. Many programs are not really competitive, they instead are more concerned with whether the student is likely to succeed.

Grad programs are more likely to look at your whole application package. If you have significant work experience or professional training, or your grades were better in the later semesters of your undergrad program, they may well overlook an overall low GPA.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Some will only look at the last 60 credits and, in rarer cases, only the last 30 credits. Some will also accept a lower GPA if you have a high GRE or GMAT score. Generally, the for-profit and non-traditional schools don't have high admissions requirements, so I like that this list included some traditional schools that many would overlook due to lack of advertisement. I did a lot of digging to find the university for my first master's degree; it's a lesser-known state university.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 4,659 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,184 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman ashkir 13 2,262 02-26-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: KSoul
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,542 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,283 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Help - Masters Degree Advice bdcmetal666 12 3,123 11-18-2023, 03:46 PM
  Advice for my mom who has a Master's in Economics and is ABD for a PhD Catcherinthecorn 9 957 10-22-2023, 07:58 PM
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,062 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM