Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75% done with straighter line business communication
Ubuntu_user Wrote:Where did you guys get your cheap books from? Does it matter if it's an old edition??? The latest 12th edition is fairly pricey.
I purchased a brand new international edition off Ebay for $47. This was my most expensive Straighterline book ever. For my other courses, I have been able to obtain textbooks in the $15 to $25 range.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
I have not begun the class but this was my most expensive book as well. How does the international version differ? I was scared it might end up being in german or something Smile
Pinkie Wrote:I have not begun the class but this was my most expensive book as well. How does the international version differ? I was scared it might end up being in german or something Smile

It only differs in cover art and paper bound. Otherwise, it's the same. Wink
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
I got an older english version and was fine. The tests don't ask you to answer question five on chapter six like a college class would so the older versions are fine.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
This course kind of kicked my butt a bit on the exams, but I still made it through them all! The written assignments aren't too bad, I just need to do the third one and I'm all done. I actually have about 80% as my grade now but unfortunately am still required to do this short report in order to complete the course. I'm not very fond of that since all I need is a pass (70% or above) for TESC. I should have it done tomorrow though so that'll be 7 courses total through SL! Smile
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
IrishJohn Wrote:...I actually have about 80% as my grade now but unfortunately am still required to do this short report in order to complete the course. I'm not very fond of that since all I need is a pass (70% or above) for TESC.

I am about in this boat as well. The first two papers will take me well over the 70% passing score. Couldn't I just submit a one paragraph paper for the final report, take the 1 point it gets me and then just move on with my life and a >70% score?
Yes, you can do that.
The purpose of the class is to learn effective business communication. That report is a worthwhile investment of your time. If you ever take more classes which require writing, you will be glad you could practice your skill and get feedback with no pressure. So I say spend the time and learn something.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Given the quality of the feedback on my first two submissions I don't see how I could possibly get anything of benefit from their review. I write volumes in my current position and have been for years. I appreciate your sentiment, but there is little benefit for me personally. Nonetheless, I burned a couple of hours last night throwing something together to submit. On to the next task.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 303 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 470 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 706 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 529 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,004 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 983 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 955 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 739 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Business Certificates Alpha 7 1,336 11-01-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Cheating is BIG business! <sigh> bjcheung77 24 3,840 08-29-2021, 05:55 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso