Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Bad Apples
Well our deployment is starting to see an increase in activity and attacks. I think we are going to start feeling the fallout from the Stupid Act the Marines (not saying all are, just the ones involved in this) did to enemy dead. The Afghan workers we hire already look at us differently. This is a total violation of the Laws of Armed Conflict. And why would they put it on youtube. Sounds like jail time is in the near future for these guys.
U.S. general warns troops to treat dead with 'dignity and respect' - CNN.com

I can feel the headaches these guys are going to cause us over here, not to mention the added danger. We had to stand down today to go over these laws in more detail and go through classes to reiterate what we should and shouldn't do. I just hope the guys on the front lines aren't getting burned out seeing all this death that we start seeing more and more acts like these.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Amen. Having lost friends while there I can completely understand the emotions that can drive something like that, when you can shake hands with someone and 30 minutes later they are trying to kill you. But the fact remains that doing what they did endangers everyone else and causes massive harm to what we've accomplished. It's already being compared to Abu Ghraib. We had to teach everyone that even when manning a gate they were representing the entire US culture and strategy in the region. All eyes are on you at all times. It's a huge responsibility.

A few months before I arrived the whole Muhammad cartoon fiasco had exploded. The people absolutely flipped. I can recall getting those same looks sometimes just from relatively minor local stuff, like the rumours always put out that our sunglasses could see through women's clothes and all turret gunners were perverts mentally raping their wives and daughters. But that's what you get when you have a tribal culture with rampant illiteracy in a country in the bottom 7% of poverty in the world.

Stay safe bud. Almost home. :patriot:
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I’m pretty sure does guys are going to do some jail time or as a minimum chapter out.
Keep your head down clep101....and hurry home!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
dcan Wrote:I can recall getting those same looks sometimes just from relatively minor local stuff, like the rumours always put out that our sunglasses could see through women's clothes

WHAT?? you guys got issued X-Ray Sunglasses?? I knew I should have joined the Air Force! You guys get all the cool, future stuff!! :roflol:
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
The Afghans don't mind you invading their country, blowing stuff up and killing them, but god forbid you take a wiz on a corpse because that will upset them.
Anyone who disrespects the dead should be held accountable; it is disgusting. I am not in the military so I am not going to go into a full tirade except to say, I have no issue with killing someone who is trying to kill me either at home or abroad. But this is going too far. We have really lost our way.

And we wonder why they (common folk) begin to hate us. There was a time when certain americans could travel abroad without issue. Due to these types of actions, those days are over. We are all seen as scum these days. I'm happy someone had the presence of mind to make this public, just imagine what happens that you never see.

Such a shame.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
These guys should be punished and it is disgusting, but I bet you those guys wouldn't have done that if they hadn't been put into the situation they were put in for such a long time. I am not saying it is right but I have no idea what kind of changes a young man's mind goes through while living with the enemy in a foreign war.
This is probably linked to PTSD.
The thing is that burial rights are extremely sacred to Muslims and are probably more sacred than life itself. There are very specific things that must happen once a person dies in Islamic culture to guarantee safe passage to the next world. This obviously disrupted that process.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Quote:This is probably linked to PTSD.

Yes, it is. We had a majority of our infantry platoon on sleeping pills to keep nightmares away. But my boss (a ranger instructor) said it was bad because dreaming is like "taking a mental shit" so not dreaming keeps the emotions in your head all day.

I feel bad for the guys who did it, but they have to be held accountable.

CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems

UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

CLEP101 Wrote:WHAT?? you guys got issued X-Ray Sunglasses?? I knew I should have joined the Air Force! You guys get all the cool, future stuff!! :roflol:

lol I was attached to Army, so it was all high-speed Army gear. You probably have better stuff by now than we did. Our headlights blocked the IED signals too, and we also taught the locals for a while that modifying the fuze in the RPG would make it armor piercing. Heh. They figured that one out after a while though.