Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fun Way to Display Your Degrees
I have a lot of degrees but I don't think it is appropriate to hang them on a wall, given they aren't fancy or anything. I have 3 associates degrees and all of them are in general type degrees. I also have multiple undergrad certificates which also aren't super impressive, in fact, one of them I got for taking a bunch of gen eds. I always thought it would be cool to display my degrees on a wall or office but I thought it would look pretentious and stupid. Maybe some of you are in a similar boat. If you have a bunch of degrees and want a way to display them. Here is a solution I thought of.

What I did: 

I made a photocopy of all my degrees at 25% size and instead of regular paper I used cardstock. This resulted in a bunch of tiny degrees. Then I carefully cut the miniature degrees out. I got a picture frame from the dollar store and lined the back with a piece of fancy-looking colored scrapbook paper cut to size, then I glued the degrees to the paper. After that, I put the frame back together and voila! a way to display my degrees. The end result was a single frame with multiple small degrees on it. Looks classy enough to hang on a wall and doesn't look as pretentious as hanging all the degrees. My frame was only 8" by 8" but you could do any size and if you were more classy then me buy a fancier frame. Hope this makes sense.
[-] The following 8 users Like natshar's post:
  • beautifulpsalms, dfrecore, graduatesoon, Jonathan Whatley, jsd, mudball, Muldoon, SteveFoerster
(04-13-2020, 05:11 PM)natshar Wrote: I have a lot of degrees but I don't think it is appropriate to hang them on a wall, given they aren't fancy or anything. I have 3 associates degrees and all of them are in general type degrees. I also have multiple undergrad certificates which also aren't super impressive, in fact, one of them I got for taking a bunch of gen eds. I always thought it would be cool to display my degrees on a wall or office but I thought it would look pretentious and stupid. Maybe some of you are in a similar boat. If you have a bunch of degrees and want a way to display them. Here is a solution I thought of.

What I did: 

I made a photocopy of all my degrees at 25% size and instead of regular paper I used cardstock. This resulted in a bunch of tiny degrees. Then I carefully cut the miniature degrees out. I got a picture frame from the dollar store and lined the back with a piece of fancy-looking colored scrapbook paper cut to size, then I glued the degrees to the paper. After that, I put the frame back together and voila! a way to display my degrees. The end result was a single frame with multiple small degrees on it. Looks classy enough to hang on a wall and doesn't look as pretentious as hanging all the degrees. My frame was only 8" by 8" but you could do any size and if you were more classy then me buy a fancier frame. Hope this makes sense.

Show us  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like shamin's post:
  • Life Long Learning, natshar, ss20ts, SteveFoerster
(04-13-2020, 05:38 PM)shamin Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 05:11 PM)natshar Wrote: I have a lot of degrees but I don't think it is appropriate to hang them on a wall, given they aren't fancy or anything. I have 3 associates degrees and all of them are in general type degrees. I also have multiple undergrad certificates which also aren't super impressive, in fact, one of them I got for taking a bunch of gen eds. I always thought it would be cool to display my degrees on a wall or office but I thought it would look pretentious and stupid. Maybe some of you are in a similar boat. If you have a bunch of degrees and want a way to display them. Here is a solution I thought of.

What I did: 

Show us  Big Grin

I'd love to see it too. It sounds like a neat idea!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I'd love to see it too, even if you just black out your name/details. When I get my BSBA I'll be framing that prominently, but I have some AA's/certs that aren't really impressive on their own.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • SteveFoerster
You could also do a Collage print from somewhere like Walmart, and have your Bachelor's degree large, then your AA's smaller, and your Certificates even smaller. It's pretty cheap to do (I think I paid less than $25 for an 11x14 canvas print of our family portraits this way.

I think I might try this with my degrees - I'd never thought of it!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon, natshar
Idk how to get a pic without giving away all my information. IAlso, the glass of the photo frame has a glare and I don't feel like taking it apart to get a pic.
(04-17-2020, 06:31 PM)natshar Wrote: Idk how to get a pic without giving away all my information. IAlso, the glass of the photo frame has a glare and I don't feel like taking it apart to get a pic.

If you're interested in doing this, the easiest way would be to take the photo and then black out the PII using a paint tool and upload the result. If you don't use a flash (just strong natural light) you can usually avoid most glare.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Very unique indeed... the only thing remotely close to what you guys have done is, I have two picture frames of the kids... one with 5 pictures shaped like a diamond and one with 4 that's an inline rectangle, I keep one downstairs beside my laptop/monitor and also the other upstairs beside my other pc. I use it as motivation to keep going when I get tired at night from school/work, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  145 Degrees Alpha 6 1,039 01-07-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degrees of Happiness Alpha 0 689 03-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  FREE?! spacedesk - extend display to your tablet bjcheung77 0 1,389 06-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walmart to Help Associates Get College Degrees MNomadic 57 8,225 11-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: natshar
  CEOs without degrees davewill 9 1,860 02-28-2018, 11:43 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  EMU union against online degrees DavidHume 12 3,663 11-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Degrees: Practical or Fun? lgstudy 9 1,810 04-14-2017, 11:44 PM
  CEO's with Bachelor's Degrees and that's it... soliloquy 4 880 07-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Not all degrees are equal burbuja0512 9 1,649 04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
  Too Many Master's Degrees dcan 6 1,220 03-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Last Post: rhapsodyinblue