Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A&I literature Information Literacy TESU
Can the A&I Literature CLEP be used in the Information Literacy portion of general ed requirements at TESU? It wasn't put in there in my academic eval that's why I wonder.
(03-26-2018, 02:31 PM)fork Wrote: Can the A&I Literature CLEP be used in the Information Literacy portion of general ed requirements at TESU? It wasn't put in there in my academic eval that's why I wonder.

According to their own site it can be used for to fill that area - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...rogram.cfm

If you have something else that fits it that is only worth 3 credits, they seem tend to put it in there over the A&I Clep. Did they just leave the requirement empty on your evaluation? Is your initial evaluation complete yet?  I thought you had just applied the other day and sent over transcripts, I could have misread that. It generally takes three weeks from when they get ALL the transcripts before you'll get the notification that it is complete. So if that has not happened yet, they may just be placing things temporarily where they fall by their default until they actually complete the evaluation .
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Yeah maybe that's it. There's no way they could have everything yet this time around. I haven't even sent the DSST form yet. They seem to have everything in their system still from when I applied in 2014 (never enrolled though). Yes, they left that part blank saying I needed to complete it, but the A&I Lit is listed down in other courses. What I'm really worried about is the upper level thing. It says I need 12SH and I was not counting on that at all since I only have one upper level class in the concentration area. :/

BTW thanks for the link to that page. I had not seen that before! It will be helpful, thank you!
(03-26-2018, 03:27 PM)fork Wrote: Yeah maybe that's it. There's no way they could have everything yet this time around. I haven't even sent the DSST form yet. They seem to have everything in their system still from when I applied in 2014 (never enrolled though). Yes, they left that part blank saying I needed to complete it, but the A&I Lit is listed down in other courses. What I'm really worried about is the upper level thing. It says I need 12SH and I was not counting on that at all since I only have one upper level class in the concentration area. :/

BTW thanks for the link to that page. I had not seen that before! It will be helpful, thank you!

The Gen Ed requirements changed in 2016, and the what will fit where has changed since you first applied in 2014.  Once you get your updated evaluation there are many knowledgeable people here to help you with UL AOS options. (LL too but they are far easier to get). You're not the first to start this and then leave, come back, try it again - I suspect this time is your time to get it done.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

They probably put it in your AOS? You can just have them move it to the correct place.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's in the right places now. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,014 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,680 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,150 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,683 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,748 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,367 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,616 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,341 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,400 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,876 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore