Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A chapter closes... (My "I'm done" post)
Congrats fellow graduate!!!
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:Congrats fellow graduate!!!

Thanks so much, ironheadjack!
Aww TayTay! You are such a sweetheart! I am very proud of you to learned so much and in such a short time! You are exactly the kind of person others will look up to! A perfect example of what the IC Community is all about. It's been a privilege to share time with you on this forum and I can't wait to hear what else you plan to do with this brand new shiny degree!

Congrats!
Tara

TayTay Wrote:Wow! That little word seems inadequate, but it's all I can say to describe what I'm feeling. My diploma from TESC has arrived...that wonderful piece of paper that commemorates the hard work of my college education! With it, comes a sense of closing. It's finally real!!!

The Lord has been so faithful during this journey. I was blessed to be homeschooled and was able to accumulate almost 60 credits before my high school graduation in 2012. In December of 2013, I applied for graduation...after doing all of my college from home! On March 7, 2014 I graduated with my BA in History. I thank the Lord for seeing me through.

Thanks to all, here, who helped me along the way! Your friendships have meant so much. I truly believe the Lord led me to IC...I could not have done it without you!!! Smile I have always said it, but I will say it, again. You all are the BEST!!!!

I am humbled by the Lord's goodness! May He receive the glory!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Getiton1 Wrote:Aww TayTay! You are such a sweetheart! I am very proud of you to learned so much and in such a short time! You are exactly the kind of person others will look up to! A perfect example of what the IC Community is all about. It's been a privilege to share time with you on this forum and I can't wait to hear what else you plan to do with this brand new shiny degree!

Congrats!
Tara

Thanks for the kind words, Tara! Smile My desire is to be a stay-at-home wife/mom, one day, so I pursued my degree in case the government requires a college education to homeschool my children. In the meantime, I'm continuing to serve the Lord where He has me...which keeps me pretty busy! Smile Thanks, again!!!! Blessings...
Congratulations! Great job! Enjoy all that you have accomplished through your hard work!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:Congratulations! Great job! Enjoy all that you have accomplished through your hard work!

Thank you, NAP! Blessings!
TayTay, congrats on earning your degree at such a young age. I use your story as an inspiration for all the homeschoolers I know :-)

I wanted to ask how long does it take to "graduate" from TESC after completing all your courses? If I finish my credits in August, would it be unrealistic to graduate in August or September?

I ask because I would like to get a second BA degree from TESC after I graduate and I know I can't start on the courses until AFTER my graduation is approved. I'm not clear if that means my graduation is "approved" or that means my graduation ceremony is complete? Perhaps you can shed some light.

Thanks a million!
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress

BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!

AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old

DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100
zenurez Wrote:TayTay, congrats on earning your degree at such a young age. I use your story as an inspiration for all the homeschoolers I know :-)

I wanted to ask how long does it take to "graduate" from TESC after completing all your courses? If I finish my credits in August, would it be unrealistic to graduate in August or September?

I ask because I would like to get a second BA degree from TESC after I graduate and I know I can't start on the courses until AFTER my graduation is approved. I'm not clear if that means my graduation is "approved" or that means my graduation ceremony is complete? Perhaps you can shed some light.

Thanks a million!

Thank you! How sweet!

About graduation...you will have to apply for graduation, once your courses are complete. For example, I finished everything in December, so the next graduation was in March. It is my understanding that you have to complete all of your classes/courses, before you apply for graduation.

Here is a link that might answer some of your questions... --> Thomas Edison State College: Graduation Information

I'm not sure about the "approved" status. My advice would be to contact TESC for clarification. Smile

Hope that points you in the right direction. Smile Blessings!

P.S. Sorry I didn't get your PM...I got a notification that I couldn't get your message due to my inbox being full.
zenurez Wrote:I ask because I would like to get a second BA degree from TESC after I graduate and I know I can't start on the courses until AFTER my graduation is approved. I'm not clear if that means my graduation is "approved" or that means my graduation ceremony is complete?
Thanks a million!

You cannot start working on a second degree until after your first degree is conferred, i.e. it has been awarded, which happens at TESC quarterly: Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec.

The cutoff for applying for graduation is technically 3 months earlier, so for a March graduation you would have to done with all classes by 12/31. However, many people have found TESC to be flexible in applying after the cutoff and/or while still working on their final class.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to keep on track. Looks like I should probably "enroll" with TESC now since they are a little slow so hopefully I could hit the September graduation date.
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress

BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!

AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old

DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,070 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Post-June 2018 TESU prices? Pelican 1 1,326 07-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU transcript post graduation Paramedic12 5 2,042 05-31-2018, 11:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My "I'm done!" post bfleshman 7 2,009 04-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Post Grad employment stories kitkat 18 4,750 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  Post graduation credit banking TESU homeschoolmom1 1 1,152 01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: davewill
  My I'm Done Post... Finally!! Synicaal 10 3,023 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  The Big 3 listed in the Top 50 Schools for Post-9/11 GI Bill and TA Life Long Learning 22 2,960 07-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Need help coming up with a plan- details in post Motivated2move 9 2,598 02-04-2017, 03:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore