Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA complete (TESU), now on to BSBA
Congratulations graduate!cheersmate
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
davewill Wrote:Yes but I'm not sure how exactly how related they have to be. For instance they were willing to go ASNSM to BACS. Not do I know what the OP's AA was in.
Hope this post makes sense, typing from the road. No time for edit.

I think you guys may be thinking of dual (or two areas of study) degrees?

When enrolling simultaneously in both an associate and bachelor degree they do not have to be related. I've enrolled in two separate programs twice now (see sig) as have many others. As you can see the second set was from two schools (science & technology and business).

@sghatte - Davewill offered excellent advice. I would call Advising, or the Registrar, and have them activate the BSBA immediately. The BSBA, as Davewill stated, should fall under last years catalog. This route will not only avoid reapplying but should avoid any additional credit and or degree requirement (ie 2k plan waiver, cornerstone, ...). Oh, and if you planned on using PF for the capstone, you could get that approved and enroll right away.

Good luck to you!

Award of Degrees
The Secret to Earning a Second Degree

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Hope this post makes sense, typing from the road. No time for edit.

I think you guys may be thinking of dual (or two areas of study) degrees?

When enrolling simultaneously in both an associate and bachelor degree they do not have to be related. I've enrolled in two separate programs twice now (see sig) as have many others. As you can see the second set was from two schools (science & technology and business).

@sghatte - Davewill offered excellent advice. I would call Advising, or the Registrar, and have them activate the BSBA immediately. The BSBA, as Davewill stated, should fall under last years catalog. This route will not only avoid reapplying but should avoid any additional credit and or degree requirement (ie 2k plan waiver, cornerstone, ...). Oh, and if you planned on using PF for the capstone, you could get that approved and enroll right away.

Good luck to you! ...

Ja. Da. Oui. Sì, Yes. You're right, that was for a dual degree situation. Ideally, Sghatte should have done it earlier, but they did it for me (activated an ASNSM after they had already certified my BACS). BTW, the Graduation Dept had me email academic advising (academicadvising@tesu.edu) not the registrar. They responded in a day. I also agree that time is of the essence.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
bricabrac Wrote:I would call Advising, or the Registrar, and have them activate the BSBA immediately.

You can just email as well. I had basically the same question, and I just emailed advising to ask what I'd need to do to add the BSBA to my plan without "screwing up" my ASBA, just so I could keep track of progress. I used the BSBA/CIS as a "for example" in the email.

Later that day, they just added it and said "problem solved" which I guess does technically answer the question I'd asked. If I decide to switch to accounting or general management, I'm sure it'll be no problem.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,020 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,683 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,163 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,689 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,752 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,371 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,621 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,341 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,404 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,879 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore