Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED into Missouri State university MBA Cyber Security
Today, I found out that I got accept into Missouri State university online MBA. I am so happy, now I am worry about online classes. It will be my first time attending online courses. I never have this experience before. I feel it will be harder the online course vs face to face class. This forum helps me to move forward and I will try my best to complete it.
Online MBA 
(in progress) In admission process

NEXT: In Future Ph.D in Finance

TEEX
In progress (10 credit)
[-] The following 4 users Like Imbanewbie's post:
  • davewill, eriehiker, sanantone, ShotoJuku
Online courses take a certain amount of discipline. There's no one to remind you to do assignments, or to lay out a neat study guide for the material. You have to make sure you understand the schedule, and take charge of learning the material. Be sure to reach out for help, if needed. I would also suggest finding out if there's an online community of students in this particular program. They will be a valuable resource about professors and the curriculum.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio? - InstantCert Credit
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • akr680
(04-08-2019, 02:27 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Today, I found out that I got accept into Missouri State university online MBA. I am so happy, now I am worry about online classes. It will be my first time attending online courses. I never have this experience before. I feel it will be harder the online course vs face to face class. This forum helps me to move forward and I will try my best to complete it.

This is an MBA program with a concentration in CyberSec? That's very interesting. How many total credits are required to complete the program and how are the courses broken down? I'm curious how rigorous the cybersecurity aspects are.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University (25/35cu | Sep 2019)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • akr680
Congratulations! on your acceptance.
(04-08-2019, 04:32 PM)davewill Wrote: Online courses take a certain amount of discipline. There's no one to remind you to do assignments, or to lay out a neat study guide for the material. You have to make sure you understand the schedule, and take charge of learning the material. Be sure to reach out for help, if needed. I would also suggest finding out if there's an online community of students in this particular program. They will be a valuable resource about professors and the curriculum.
Thanks do you have some example for some online community? I know how to look at my field.

(04-08-2019, 04:33 PM)OFHMerlin Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 02:27 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Today, I found out that I got accept into Missouri State university online MBA. I am so happy, now I am worry about online classes. It will be my first time attending online courses. I never have this experience before. I feel it will be harder the online course vs face to face class. This forum helps me to move forward and I will try my best to complete it.

This is an MBA program with a concentration in CyberSec? That's very interesting. How many total credits are required to complete the program and how are the courses broken down? I'm curious how rigorous the cybersecurity aspects are.
5 foundation courses if you don’t have business undergraduate degree, 12 to 13 courses (core courses and cyber security courses) I don’t know how rigorous the cyber security class. I tried to ask the forum group, but no one could answer it
Online MBA 

TEEX
In progress (10 credit)
Congrats! They have some interesting certificates that can be completed in the program.
PhD (in progress)
Masters and Graduate Certificate
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-09-2019, 07:13 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Thanks do you have some example for some online community? I know how to look at my field.

I would search for Missouri State MBA on places like Reddit, Facebook, or LinkedIn to see if the students have their own community. Also, once you're able to login as a student, there may be someplace linked from the school's portal or actually on the school's website.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio? - InstantCert Credit
Congrats! Oh, this is a nice program that is AACSB accredited and at $11 grand. Amazingly cheap for an AACSB accredited business degree.
Interesting find, they have a nice Masters Cyber Security at slightly over $10 grand, it'll probably rival Georgia Tech's offering, I'll look into both programs.
Link: https://cybersecurity.missouristate.edu/...-costs.htm
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, alab21
(04-09-2019, 11:36 AM)davewill Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:13 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Thanks do you have some example for some online community? I know how to look at my field.

I would search for Missouri State MBA on places like Reddit, Facebook, or LinkedIn to see if the students have their own community. Also, once you're able to login as a student, there may be someplace linked from the school's portal or actually on the school's website.
Thanks so much your help, I may go Facebook to ask around. It will be very helpful to get into community

(04-09-2019, 01:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats!  Oh, this is a nice program that is AACSB accredited and at $11 grand.  Amazingly cheap for an AACSB accredited business degree.  
Interesting find, they have a nice Masters Cyber Security at slightly over $10 grand, it'll probably rival Georgia Tech's offering, I'll look into both programs.
Link: https://cybersecurity.missouristate.edu/...-costs.htm
They have a affordable program for master cyber security, but I feel Georgia tech and Missouri State University have good program in cyber security. The most important for me it will be affordable tuition, so I don’t need to get student loans.
Online MBA 

TEEX
In progress (10 credit)
I want to update my master journey. I got one class for summer and it was very intensive. Every week I need to take a exam, but I survive and it look good I should have A- to A. I am happy with A-
Online MBA 

TEEX
In progress (10 credit)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boston University MET Master of Science in Software Development MrBossmanJr 16 421 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity! jsd 77 5,929 07-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications fingerscrossedx2 14 716 07-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  My Nations University MTS Journey armstrongsubero 8 244 06-26-2019, 06:36 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  MS in Finance - University of Oklahoma Program Schedule ThatBankDude 2 149 06-14-2019, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  MALS and More, New from Jacksonville State Jonathan Whatley 0 159 06-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Accepted - University of Oklahoma - MS in Finance Online ThatBankDude 7 343 05-23-2019, 04:40 PM
  University of Florida Pulled a TESU sanantone 6 645 05-15-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  MBA - Purdue University Global ExcelTrack jeremyc3434 43 6,333 05-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Rice University Hybrid MBA sanantone 4 438 05-01-2019, 01:41 PM