Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED into Missouri State university MBA Cyber Security
Today, I found out that I got accept into Missouri State university online MBA. I am so happy, now I am worry about online classes. It will be my first time attending online courses. I never have this experience before. I feel it will be harder the online course vs face to face class. This forum helps me to move forward and I will try my best to complete it.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 5 users Like Imbanewbie's post:
  • davewill, eriehiker, MNomadic, sanantone, ShotoJuku
Online courses take a certain amount of discipline. There's no one to remind you to do assignments, or to lay out a neat study guide for the material. You have to make sure you understand the schedule, and take charge of learning the material. Be sure to reach out for help, if needed. I would also suggest finding out if there's an online community of students in this particular program. They will be a valuable resource about professors and the curriculum.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • akr680
(04-08-2019, 02:27 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Today, I found out that I got accept into Missouri State university online MBA. I am so happy, now I am worry about online classes. It will be my first time attending online courses. I never have this experience before. I feel it will be harder the online course vs face to face class. This forum helps me to move forward and I will try my best to complete it.

This is an MBA program with a concentration in CyberSec? That's very interesting. How many total credits are required to complete the program and how are the courses broken down? I'm curious how rigorous the cybersecurity aspects are.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • akr680
Congratulations! on your acceptance.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(04-08-2019, 04:32 PM)davewill Wrote: Online courses take a certain amount of discipline. There's no one to remind you to do assignments, or to lay out a neat study guide for the material. You have to make sure you understand the schedule, and take charge of learning the material. Be sure to reach out for help, if needed. I would also suggest finding out if there's an online community of students in this particular program. They will be a valuable resource about professors and the curriculum.
Thanks do you have some example for some online community? I know how to look at my field.

(04-08-2019, 04:33 PM)OFHMerlin Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 02:27 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Today, I found out that I got accept into Missouri State university online MBA. I am so happy, now I am worry about online classes. It will be my first time attending online courses. I never have this experience before. I feel it will be harder the online course vs face to face class. This forum helps me to move forward and I will try my best to complete it.

This is an MBA program with a concentration in CyberSec? That's very interesting. How many total credits are required to complete the program and how are the courses broken down? I'm curious how rigorous the cybersecurity aspects are.
5 foundation courses if you don’t have business undergraduate degree, 12 to 13 courses (core courses and cyber security courses) I don’t know how rigorous the cyber security class. I tried to ask the forum group, but no one could answer it

Congrats! They have some interesting certificates that can be completed in the program.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-09-2019, 07:13 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Thanks do you have some example for some online community? I know how to look at my field.

I would search for Missouri State MBA on places like Reddit, Facebook, or LinkedIn to see if the students have their own community. Also, once you're able to login as a student, there may be someplace linked from the school's portal or actually on the school's website.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Congrats! Oh, this is a nice program that is AACSB accredited and at $11 grand. Amazingly cheap for an AACSB accredited business degree.
Interesting find, they have a nice Masters Cyber Security at slightly over $10 grand, it'll probably rival Georgia Tech's offering, I'll look into both programs.
Link: https://cybersecurity.missouristate.edu/...-costs.htm
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, alab21
(04-09-2019, 11:36 AM)davewill Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:13 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Thanks do you have some example for some online community? I know how to look at my field.

I would search for Missouri State MBA on places like Reddit, Facebook, or LinkedIn to see if the students have their own community. Also, once you're able to login as a student, there may be someplace linked from the school's portal or actually on the school's website.
Thanks so much your help, I may go Facebook to ask around. It will be very helpful to get into community

(04-09-2019, 01:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats!  Oh, this is a nice program that is AACSB accredited and at $11 grand.  Amazingly cheap for an AACSB accredited business degree.  
Interesting find, they have a nice Masters Cyber Security at slightly over $10 grand, it'll probably rival Georgia Tech's offering, I'll look into both programs.
Link: https://cybersecurity.missouristate.edu/...-costs.htm
They have a affordable program for master cyber security, but I feel Georgia tech and Missouri State University have good program in cyber security. The most important for me it will be affordable tuition, so I don’t need to get student loans.

I want to update my master journey. I got one class for summer and it was very intensive. Every week I need to take a exam, but I survive and it look good I should have A- to A. I am happy with A-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 248 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,075 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 279 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,461 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,980 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,364 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,317 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,303 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy