Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE not needed to send Study.com Transcripts to TESU
(05-09-2018, 06:42 PM)SDO Wrote: When I thought my transcript had not been sent, I found that it was sent with just my first and last name. My TESU account had my first name, middle initial, and last name, so they created a separate holding account for it because the names "didn't match." I had someone research it for me and they found the transcript and moved it to my main account and closed the second account.  Perhaps that happened here too.

I discovered another possible challenge.  It turns out they (TESU) received my transcript from study.com but only added the courses from the front side of the report. They didn't catch the second page.  I was able to work with advising to fix this. TESU (Brian) was actually very helpful and followed up with me several days in a row to make sure my evaluation was completed correctly.  Unfortunately, I sent them again (additional courses) and they still haven't shown up at TESU.  I wish study.com would send confirmations along the way. Also, if the snail mail thing is true, that is very disappointing. This is 2018. Both institutions (TESU and Study.com) offer online learning. You would think they have the capability to send and receive them electronically.  It would also be nice if you could email them and find out if and when they were sent out. I emailed them several times and they never answered my questions. They just said, "Good news...we sent your transcripts to TESU."

I will outside of this issue, I have been very happy and honestly, grateful for study.com. I don't think I would have finished my degree without their help.

Fortunately for me, I am now done with my study.com courses. Well, assuming they get there.

I always send my courses to ACE regardless.  I finished College Algebra through Aleks this past weekend.  I had to use ACE to send in the transcript so hopefully they will receive all of them from there just in case the study.com records don't show up.

Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
So TESU finally got my transcript from study.com but now TESU is saying that 3 of the courses they can't give me credit for because the listed credit granting organization for these 3 classes on the transcript doesn't match the name of the actual credit granting organization (I'm guessing a typo or something). TESU told me to contact study.com to have them fix this and then resend the transcript. The last transcript took forever to be sent. Has anybody else had this issue?
(05-18-2018, 08:20 AM)pjb84 Wrote: So TESU finally got my transcript from study.com but now TESU is saying that 3 of the courses they can't give me credit for because the listed credit granting organization for these 3 classes on the transcript doesn't match the name of the actual credit granting organization (I'm guessing a typo or something). TESU told me to contact study.com to have them fix this and then resend the transcript. The last transcript took forever to be sent. Has anybody else had this issue?

Which 3 courses, and what was the credit-granting organization???
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-18-2018, 08:20 AM)pjb84 Wrote: So TESU finally got my transcript from study.com but now TESU is saying that 3 of the courses they can't give me credit for because the listed credit granting organization for these 3 classes on the transcript doesn't match the name of the actual credit granting organization (I'm guessing a typo or something). TESU told me to contact study.com to have them fix this and then resend the transcript. The last transcript took forever to be sent. Has anybody else had this issue?

I am sorry to hear about this.  I feel like it worked better when we had to send study.com transcripts to to ACE and then ACE to TESU. The extra cost was not fun, but at least things showed up and were correctly applied.

Although, I just had to prove to TESU that they did in fact receive my most recent ACE transcript.  I had to send them a screen print from the website that shows it was received and even showed initials of the individual who viewed them.  So it may be an issue on TESU's side and not study.com.  Another error TESU had recently was not reading the second page of my study.com transcript leaving off 4 courses.  Everything is getting corrected, but it causes anxiety not knowing what is happening.

I used study.com very heavily this year (23 courses) and really love the service, but the transcript process leaves a lot to be desired.
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
(05-18-2018, 11:18 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Accounting 301
Accounting 302 
Marketing 301

TESU didn't tell me exactly what was  wrong rather than just saying the credit granting organization on the transcript wasn't listed correctly but I'm guessing there is a typo or something with the ACE course number that comes on the transcript showing the ACE credit equivalency for the courses. I'm still waiting for a response from TESU but I don't see why this is such an issue especially considering that I also submitted an ACE transcript with the classes listed on there as well.
(05-21-2018, 09:02 AM)pjb84 Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 11:18 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Accounting 301
Accounting 302 
Marketing 301

TESU didn't tell me exactly what was  wrong rather than just saying the credit granting organization on the transcript wasn't listed correctly but I'm guessing there is a typo or something with the ACE course number that comes on the transcript showing the ACE credit equivalency for the courses. I'm still waiting for a response from TESU but I don't see why this is such an issue especially considering that I also submitted an ACE transcript with the classes listed on there as well.

I would contact Study.com and talk to them, as it sounds like an issue on their end.  They need to fix it ASAP.  They're pretty responsive, so they'll probably do it right away.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just saw this on TESU's website, the Study.com section has been changed:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Edison State University has partnered with Study.com, an online learning platform, to provide you with a flexible, affordable pathway to finishing your degree. Here is how it works:

3. Transfer your Study.com courses to Thomas Edison and finish your remaining credits to earn your degree. Transcripts for Study.com courses will need to come directly from Study.com to Thomas Edison for an applicant to be coded as a Study.com student, and receive the partnership benefits. Without the Study.com transcript, a general Thomas Edison student coding will be applied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I am not a Study.com affiliate member, I should be able to send an ACE transcript over and have it work just fine.  But they still told me I HAD to send a Study.com transcript.  They gave me until tomorrow to receive it (I want to graduate in June, and it's my last course), and Study.com said they would mail it by last Friday, but it still is showing as not received.  And ACE transcript would at least get there in time.  Off to call TESU and try to get this resolved!
What exactly is a "THOMAS EDISON STUDENT CODING"?
(05-24-2018, 10:15 AM)acamp Wrote: What exactly is a "THOMAS EDISON STUDENT CODING"?

I'm going to guess that it's the "Study.com Affiliate Membership" code that they put in, and you get the discounts.
(05-24-2018, 10:15 AM)acamp Wrote: What exactly is a "THOMAS EDISON STUDENT CODING"?

I think that means you'll be a regular TESU student, not a study.com affiliate student.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,313 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,660 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue