Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS re-approved -- kind of
NO WAY! I am SOOOOO PSYCHED! I hate math and I am just about to finish my final nursing paper! I wonder if I can scramble in and pass ALEK's based on all my studying for CLEP Math!!!!! That would be absolutely AMAZING!

MANXOMEFOE, I could KISS YOU!!!!!!

Tara

PS Oh no! There was an earlier post from someone new that didn't know what degree to choose and was considering Nursing, and I told them that ALEK's wasn't ACE approved yet based on what I had read today on the ALEK'S website! But on the ACE website it's good! Wow, this is the best news ever! Thanks again!

ManxomeFoe Wrote:HEY EVERYONE,

ALEKS is back up on ACE as being current. It's showing a Dates Offered as "12/1/13 - Present".

So, dive in and have fun!!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
I've been using ALEKS the past two weeks. I started it to prep for an exam but realized that I was so far out of the ballpark with math that I needed way more than just exam prep. I decided to do the assessment for BASIC MATH and failed it so miserably that I knew I was in trouble. I missed a lot of fundamental math education (or forgot it?) and this is really helping me to get it all straight. You can't build a house without a strong foundation! I think this will end up being the best $20 I've spent in a very very very long time. I'm planning to finish this up and move on to the Algebra, I'm doing better with the algebraic stuff in the basic math than I did the fractions (oh my holy bananas that section was long and torturous!).
If I sign up to Aleks and complete the initial assessment given I get credit for the course? how many questions are in the assessment?
Somewhere around 30-50 questions I can't remember exactly it has been a few months since I did ALEKS.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ALEKS will have to put safeguards in place, it's just a matter of time. This is part of the email I received from ACE today:

"We have just completed a review of ALEKS courses and during the
review, the faculty team included a discussion on safeguards. ACE is following
up to see what is being put into place. I will email you again after the
holidays to provide additional details on the outcomes."
cookderosa Wrote:ALEKS will have to put safeguards in place, it's just a matter of time. This is part of the email I received from ACE today:

"We have just completed a review of ALEKS courses and during the
review, the faculty team included a discussion on safeguards. ACE is following
up to see what is being put into place. I will email you again after the
holidays to provide additional details on the outcomes."

Personally, I think this is a good thing in the long run. If it is too easy to cheat then it will devalue our degrees.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
I just added 4 ALEKS courses on ACE today!

I was super excited when ACE added 'Intro to Statistics' to my transcript since it was my first three credits completed since '99, and I totally Indiana Jones'd it. Escaping the sand trapped wall of spikes and narrowly sliding under a 20 ton falling rock slab, I managed to slide by with a 0.695 (rounded to 70%) in 26 hours straight, finishing about 4 hours before the Midnight deadline on October 31st.

After that narrow escape, I was able to knock out 'Intermediate Algebra' relatively quickly but since I couldn't submit it to ACE, I was stuck. It took two weeks of back and forth email with ALEKS before I called and discovered that I CAN move on to a new subject once I achive 70% and that ALEKS would save the score, whew! I went on to knock out College Algebra, PreCalculus and Business Statistics, then I cancelled my account, paying only $20 for one month. My final progress report shows 57 hours 5 minutes total time for these courses.

Even if you are pretty decent at math it is a workout, I took multiple front/back pages of notes and have HEAPS of paper with problems worked out on them bound for the shredder and ultimately the fireplace. I'm quite thankful to see that they've been recertified and that I should be able to walk away with 15 credits for $20, it seems unreal!

Thanks ALEKS!
I just took several of the ALEKS subjects. The assessments are usually 28-30 questions.
so if i were to need 6 credits in math, as of tomorrow can I go on ALEKS and register for 2 of them and do the assessments then?
Im so excited that it got re approved. Is it just for a short time?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IST - State Approved, freebie option? bjcheung77 0 700 10-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,437 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,707 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,409 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,548 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,163 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,664 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 5,960 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  ALEKS question - How does it teach math? magflo 8 5,386 05-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Can i pass all three ALEKS in my trial run ? sarahrahul 27 7,687 05-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: quigongene