Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i pass all three ALEKS in my trial run ?
(05-01-2018, 05:05 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 06:19 PM)Ideas Wrote: Stats at ALEKS is pretty hard, but ALEKS is so cheap. Remember that their current ACE status expires on June 30th.

Hi, I'm new here. How long does ALEKS usually take to re-new their ACE status? I just found out about ALEKS last night, but now I'm unsure I'll be able to finish any courses before the expiration date.  Undecided

What we have learned on this forum is that you cannot count on ALEKS renewing beyond its set expiration.  We played it month by month last year until it finally just ended (your June 30th reference was from a 2017 post during that time, it was like ALEKS went to Vegas here) and now it is suddenly back after 10 months (but not for all courses).  The courses that are currently active for ACE credit (listed in a prior post) are set to expire on 07/31/18.  ALEKS is $20 a month, it is possible to actually earn all 9 credits available in a single month for a math savvy person, or someone very dedicated to completing them.  If you were in a traditional math course the time you have as of today 05/01/18 to the listed end date 07/31/18 is longer time frame than a summer session at a B&M school (3 months). 

If you're interested in using ALEKS for your math credits this is the time to focus on doing so.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Muldoon
(05-01-2018, 05:05 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 06:19 PM)Ideas Wrote: Stats at ALEKS is pretty hard, but ALEKS is so cheap. Remember that their current ACE status expires on June 30th.

Hi, I'm new here. How long does ALEKS usually take to re-new their ACE status? I just found out about ALEKS last night, but now I'm unsure I'll be able to finish any courses before the expiration date.  Undecided

We thought they had given up trying at all. It would be best to treat the expiration date as a hard deadline.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Can anyone clarify how the assessment works? Do you have to take a NEW assessment once you've moved through enough of the pie? Or do you just move through the pie to the point of mastery until you're at 70% or better?

And you can only take one course at a time, right? What happens if I decide the one I'm in is a lost cause and I want to switch?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
(05-03-2018, 07:56 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Can anyone clarify how the assessment works?  Do you have to take a NEW assessment once you've moved through enough of the pie?  Or do you just move through the pie to the point of mastery until you're at 70% or better?

And you can only take one course at a time, right?  What happens if I decide the one I'm in is a lost cause and I want to switch?

1) Yes, ALEKS will produce a new assessment after you complete about 12% of the pie topics.  So you will continue to get assessments until you can pass an assessment at 70% - the amount you've completed for your pie does not matter as far as credit-granting goes (except of course that you'll learn the material and be better able to pass the assessment).

2) Yes, only 1 course at a time.  If you get to the point where you feel it's not worth doing, you can switch to a different course - but you'll be starting from scratch, and lose your progress in the old course if you should ever want to go back to it.  My advice is to stick to the Intermediate Algebra-College-Algebra-Precalc path first (stopping at whichever course you'd like) and then switch to Stats.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-03-2018, 10:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 07:56 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Can anyone clarify how the assessment works?  Do you have to take a NEW assessment once you've moved through enough of the pie?  Or do you just move through the pie to the point of mastery until you're at 70% or better?

And you can only take one course at a time, right?  What happens if I decide the one I'm in is a lost cause and I want to switch?

1) Yes, ALEKS will produce a new assessment after you complete about 12% of the pie topics.  So you will continue to get assessments until you can pass an assessment at 70% - the amount you've completed for your pie does not matter as far as credit-granting goes (except of course that you'll learn the material and be better able to pass the assessment).

2) Yes, only 1 course at a time.  If you get to the point where you feel it's not worth doing, you can switch to a different course - but you'll be starting from scratch, and lose your progress in the old course if you should ever want to go back to it.  My advice is to stick to the Intermediate Algebra-College-Algebra-Precalc path first (stopping at whichever course you'd like) and then switch to Stats.

Intermediate Algebra was not renewed for ACE credit (at least not as of today).  College Algebra is currently the lowest level approved for credit.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(05-04-2018, 07:28 AM)allvia Wrote: Intermediate Algebra was not renewed for ACE credit (at least not as of today).  College Algebra is currently the lowest level approved for credit.

You're right - but someone may need to start with Intermediate Algebra to be able to succeed with College Algebra.  Actually back when I started ALEKS, I began with PreAlgebra and worked my way up.  I couldn't just jump into the higher credit-bearing levels of math after 20 years without any math in my life (at least at that level).  

And, there's nothing that says they won't get Intermediate Algebra approved and it apply retroactively like the others.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you! That helps a lot. I've already started Stats, so...hopefully that'll be successful. So far, I seem to be doing okay, but of course it's likely to get harder. I think this particular configuration is going to work well for me, because I can learn the material as quickly or as slowly as it takes, and I can use whatever resources I need to in order to understand it (I mean *before* I take the assessments; I'm not cheating on anything!) and I'm not under pressure.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
I wish I had found it before I did SDC stats, but there's YouTube videos by John Wood that run thru Aleks problems. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0oeNZt4KFc
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • a2jc4life, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,097 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,431 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,698 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,407 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Like To Know simple Way To Pass Western Civilization MidtownNYC 2 1,473 07-29-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,542 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,161 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,660 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  "Pass Your Class" website BobaFett2010 13 2,896 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 5,953 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin