Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMA Online DBA in the Philippines accreditation recognition
(11-04-2022, 01:02 PM)KSoul Wrote: It was a joke to mention the most powerful search engine in the world and ask, 'who believes google.'. Odd to think anything else; however, I appreciate the fire in your response. 

One thing to mention on what the US employer would think of a candidate with an international degree is not challenged nearly as much as proclaimed on forums like this. In 2022 the talent pool is global, and foreign degrees with a clear backstory set you apart from candidates vs. creating red flags.

There's no fire. 

It depends what industry you're in if the talent pool is global. It's not global for many folks. Many of us speak about our own experiences and I have been questioned about my degrees as has most everyone I know. Different fields put a different level of emphasis on education. You may be in a field where no one cares, but that is certainly not the case across the board.
(11-04-2022, 01:02 PM)KSoul Wrote: It was a joke to mention the most powerful search engine in the world and ask, 'who believes google.'. Odd to think anything else; however, I appreciate the fire in your response. 

One thing to mention on what the US employer would think of a candidate with an international degree is not challenged nearly as much as proclaimed on forums like this. In 2022 the talent pool is global, and foreign degrees with a clear backstory set you apart from candidates vs. creating red flags.

Perhaps. I would say that positions that require a doctorate, particularly in academia as the OP wanted, are very likely to verify the degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-04-2022, 02:11 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

There's no fire. 

It depends what industry you're in if the talent pool is global. It's not global for many folks. Many of us speak about our own experiences and I have been questioned about my degrees as has most everyone I know. Different fields put a different level of emphasis on education. You may be in a field where no one cares, but that is certainly not the case across the board.

I agree on experiences and would mention that degrees tend not to be questioned when one's background is strong, and their ability to tell their story is congruent with the skills and education listed on their resume. Education is the bonus in the resume and should rarely be the Ace in the hole. If someone is thinking UMPI, TESU, and WGU is, their Ace will almost always be questioned about the authenticity of their education. However, if someone has a strong ability with content and delivery and can manage their state in interviews and meetings, I am comfortable pushing back on the narrative. My experience is with large companies with highly talented and often educated faculty that are not spending time challenging degrees with confirmation they are working with talent.

(11-04-2022, 02:40 PM)davewill Wrote:

Perhaps. I would say that positions that require a doctorate, particularly in academia as the OP wanted, are very likely to verify the degree.

I agree, and I think perhaps my point was lost if that was the perception from my post. The degree should be real; I guess I considered that as not even an option on the board for a viable choice in doctorate options.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any suggestion for online DBA doyouhowdo1 24 1,290 04-15-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: cc95
  Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning Jonathan Whatley 65 4,557 04-08-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tireman4
  Most Affordable Online PhD in CompSci or Cybersecurity wiresandscreens 34 3,424 02-16-2024, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 936 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 558 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
  Looking for 2 year DBA online Bob Sham 42 7,093 01-04-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Johann1
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 555 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ABA Considers Accrediting Exclusively Online Law Schools Jonathan Whatley 1 464 12-01-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Texila American University - $7800 online PhD (multiple fields) Kalas 9 1,659 11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  New ABA Accredited Online JD mcjon77 1 645 10-24-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: TINASAM