Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMU/APUS releasing Doctoral program
I just received and email that they will offer a Doctor of Global Security and Doctor of Strategic Intelligence.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:Doctor of Strategic Intelligence.
That sounds like a fun degree path.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Yeah, it was mentioned on the other thread. One caveat is the price! At ~$60k, it's priced as much as most other Doctorates.

We offer an applied doctorate in Global Security. The tuition for the program will be around $60,054. The tuition for the program will include coursework (except dissertation credits), all 3 residencies and all course materials. Room and board for residencies year 1 and 3 are covered, and all travel, room, and board for year 2 residency is covered. Also, during the dissertation phase of the program students will pay one credit per term ($863) for continuing registration until the dissertation is defended and graduation requirements are met.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Yeah, it was mentioned on the other thread. One caveat is the price! At ~$60k, it's priced as much as most other Doctorates.

We offer an applied doctorate in Global Security. The tuition for the program will be around $60,054. The tuition for the program will include coursework (except dissertation credits), all 3 residencies and all course materials. Room and board for residencies year 1 and 3 are covered, and all travel, room, and board for year 2 residency is covered. Also, during the dissertation phase of the program students will pay one credit per term ($863) for continuing registration until the dissertation is defended and graduation requirements are met.

Well, that's not bad since it includes so much room and board - and some travel too!

And the included course materials could easily be worth $6000+. At other programs I believe a lot of students spend that much above their tuition for textbooks, etc.

I wouldn't spend that much on APUS.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I believe the room and board amounts to a few weeks....60k.

The ONLY way I'd do this is if my employer was footing the Lion's share of the bill. I suspect APU knows it's market for this. I believe segments of the military will be filling this right up....on your and my dime. Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need school like ASU Universal Learner Program aetosdios 8 1,353 08-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ASU's new online BS in Computer Science program nomaduser 8 2,197 03-02-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Am I insane for wanting to try a competency based program? Schlafen 13 1,668 01-31-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  ASU AZNext Program origamishuttle 2 1,156 01-15-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: doom
  CyberCorps Scholarship for Service (SFS) program nyvrem 0 564 08-13-2022, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Recommendations for accredited, self-paced program sparkling 7 1,251 08-04-2022, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New USF Certificate Program TINASAM 3 688 06-23-2022, 12:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Students in Columbia College’s Automotive Tech Program Get Rare Tour of Tesla LevelUP 0 435 04-23-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What to Expect in an Online Engineering Degree Program LevelUP 8 1,143 03-10-2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Curtin University doctoral student discovers object bjcheung77 0 528 01-27-2022, 01:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77