Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AOS Computer Science help TESU
Would these courses be consider four unique courses at TESU for a computer science aos? There is one from sophia, straighterline, clep, and one from onlinedegree.com I also plan on taking some courses from study.com. Any other cheap courses? 

List: 

CS101 Computer Science- Introduction to Programming COS-111 Introduction to Programming 3 (onlinedegree.com)
  • Information Systems

COS-101 Introduction to Computers (Clep)

Computer Science (CIS-110) (sophia)
[img=45x0]https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/rR_KrMc2ci-NBQUHyN_9ue1zcX87QxNtJcfM3ICTWHsjSLxxR1JvkRYGGpqcNnC_j2ZTTQ5-6t7BcfFG23WuprfZlQ2lbqRFp0gJu3qASFJmvcvhPMztTGV9zxpDWdX9ukE-E9T-uZlcUMOZxyBOGAdeKwNQ=s0-d-e1-ft#https://sophialearning.s3.amazonaws.com/spcc_courses/124/image/thumb/course-art-iit.png?1579190529[/img]Introduction to Information Technology

Computer Concepts and Applications - CIS-107
IT Fundamentals - IT 101 (Straighterline)
Yeah, those should be just fine. You can take more courses for your ASNSM Comp Sci, as it requires 16-20 credits in the area of study. The ones listed aren't enough, but they are the easier/easiest ones to complete. Just to be on the safe side, do all the FREE credits on the Wiki if you haven't done them yet. You can get 10 TEEX Cybersecurity credits free.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-20-2020, 03:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, those should be just fine.  You can take more courses for your ASNSM Comp Sci, as it requires 16-20 credits in the area of study.  The ones listed aren't enough, but they are the easier/easiest ones to complete.  Just to be on the safe side, do all the FREE credits on the Wiki if you haven't done them yet.  You can get 10 TEEX Cybersecurity credits free.
Cybersecurity courses dont count for cs at tesu anymore plus I need to take more of ul credits to meet my requirements
So, you're going for the BACS not the ASNSM I was thinking of. In any case, the ASNSM does accept the Cybersecurity courses, the BACS does not. It's hard to understand and very weird that way, but yeah, that's how it is currently. TESU is weird as always - Again, Associates - Cybersecurity works for Bachelors - Cybersecurity DOES NOT work.

BTW, your credits above are all lower level so that was the reason I thought you were going for the ASNSM Comp Sci, if you require UL then your major option would be Study.com CIS/CS courses, not the CYB or ITS. You can throw in the UL Coopersmith Linear Algebra course or the TECEP Network Technology to finish off the UL requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-20-2020, 04:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, you're going for the BACS not the ASNSM I was thinking of.  In any case, the ASNSM does accept the Cybersecurity courses, the BACS does not.  It's hard to understand and very weird that way, but yeah, that's how it is currently.  TESU is weird as always - Again, Associates - Cybersecurity works for Bachelors - Cybersecurity DOES NOT work.

BTW, your credits above are all lower level so that was the reason I thought you were going for the ASNSM Comp Sci, if you require UL then your major option would be Study.com CIS/CS courses, not the CYB or ITS.  You can throw in the UL Coopersmith Linear Algebra course or the TECEP Network Technology to finish off the UL requirements.
That's what I was thinking as study.com provides if I'm not mistaken all of the Ul but is one class short so I would need either the tecep or the linear alegbra credit. I'm thinking the linear alegbra one more so because I like math and $225 for a tecep is alot but I am not sure yet.
When I was going towards the CS path, I found these courses to be pretty good from Saylor:

These are good ones from Saylor. Use Code Academy for Java & C++, then go through the course. Both courses cover a lot of the same stuff, just differnt languages.

CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I
CS107: C++ Programming

If these come back in time for you to use them,
CS102: Introduction to Computer Science II: basically 101+107 combined into one so these are an easy 9 credits.

CS402: Computer Communication Network: If you've got decent network knowledge at a Network+, CCENT, or definetly at CCNA this should be really easy.

CS302: Software Engineering: If you know UML and the Software Development lifecycle somewhat this should be quick. If not it is dry and probably a little hard to get from the material.

I'm sure BJ brought it up but the Google Support Technician is 12 certs.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
(03-20-2020, 04:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, you're going for the BACS not the ASNSM I was thinking of.  In any case, the ASNSM does accept the Cybersecurity courses, the BACS does not.  It's hard to understand and very weird that way, but yeah, that's how it is currently.  TESU is weird as always - Again, Associates - Cybersecurity works for Bachelors - Cybersecurity DOES NOT work.

BTW, your credits above are all lower level so that was the reason I thought you were going for the ASNSM Comp Sci, if you require UL then your major option would be Study.com CIS/CS courses, not the CYB or ITS.  You can throw in the UL Coopersmith Linear Algebra course or the TECEP Network Technology to finish off the UL requirements.

Does the CYS upper level courses fit in with the BA CompSci  AOS?
TESU - BA CS
(05-30-2023, 10:34 PM)inf Wrote:

Does the CYS upper level courses fit in with the BA CompSci  AOS?

Not anymore I believe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 717 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 207 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP