Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AS in Math, opinions please
Ideas Wrote:They aren't requiring much. Allowing Geometry is lax.
These are the same people who are taking a single sophomore-level Differential Equations class and turning it into 9 upper-level credits... Wink Just push that "I BELIEVE" button and scoooop up the credits. (And if you're going on for a masters in maths, seriously consider taking 9 "actual" cr --like, 3 full classes-- of truly upper-level math. You'll need it down the road. Just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "should" in this case.)
StoicJ Wrote:It certainly seems to me I could get the math courses done before the end of the year.

Meet BSBA requirement this summer, pay for residency waiver, apply for December graduation. Meet AS Math requirement this fall. Graduate with both degrees in December?
The only time-sensitive one is the EdX course. The way they have them spread out, I wouldn't expect to see Part 1 again this year. (Part 3 ends in November, IIRC.) But you could easily pick up a 3-credit "something" for cheap - LSU or UND have "all that math stuff" for $700-something for a 3credit class as a self-paced option. Just remember the grad application has to be in by 1OCT for the December conferral...so you'll need to be winding it up by November, I'd expect....
SolarKat Wrote:The only time-sensitive one is the EdX course. The way they have them spread out, I wouldn't expect to see Part 1 again this year. (Part 3 ends in November, IIRC.) But you could easily pick up a 3-credit "something" for cheap - LSU or UND have "all that math stuff" for $700-something for a 3credit class as a self-paced option. Just remember the grad application has to be in by 1OCT for the December conferral...so you'll need to be winding it up by November, I'd expect....
OK. So a JuCo transcript for Fall '17 won't be ready anywhere NEAR the cutoff. An EdX DE is possible, but I would have to hit the books hard to be ready for end of October (Linear DE) or Nov 6-? (Non-Linear DE) completion dates.
After passing my SM Tecep I will research the self-paced options you brought up.

I'd still consider the JuCo option. TESU has a March graduation as well, with a Jan 1 deadline.

I very much appreciate the info you guys are sharing.

Really it IS just an Associates so the relative ease of it shouldn't surprise me. It's not the most difficult math, but certainly a lot more than is covered in a typical US high school. Plenty of Bachelor's degrees are earned with a lot less math.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...tions.html

Appears much of this was discussed recently in another thread. Linked for future searchers.

+++++++++

I am going to audit EdX Intro to DE now (or rather lightly follow along), audit EdX Linear DE (follow along a little better) when it becomes available, and then attempt EdX Nonlinear DE for credit.

Study.com Geometry (3) in August.
Straighterline Calculus 1 & 2 (8) in August, September, and into October.
EdX Nonlinear DE (3) in October and into November.
I am not real sure I can successfully complete this, but I will try.
That along with my Statistics (3) would meet the requirements.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 692 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 391 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 2,335 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SOPHIA----Opinions on courses??? midnite123 19 1,707 11-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  online RA undergrad discrete math course nomaduser 12 1,033 09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  CSM course as a math req natshar 13 1,162 07-20-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,240 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  RA math option? Insert Name 7 980 02-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,102 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Math Help! splirow 16 1,537 09-01-2022, 02:39 PM
Last Post: splirow