Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ASNSM Computer Science
For those that have completed this degree which Math did you use for the Mathematics requirement?
I am leaning to using Stats which I'm sure would work but, being that it says just Mathematics, could something like Study's Math 101 (intermediate Algebra) or Math 102 (College Mathematics) work?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

I'll be finished with this degree in a few weeks after SOS-110. I used Straighterline.com College Algebra for my mathematics requirement and CSM Learn math course for my Quantitative Literacy requirement. This is for the ASNSM in Computer Science.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
I'm doing the ASNSM in Math, so I have a lot of math credits, but they used my CLEP College Math for both the Math and the QuantLit requirement.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
I'm doing the ASNSM in Computer Science and completed with CSMLearn for the "A. Intellectual and Practical Skills" section + Sophia.org's Intro to Stats for the "E. Mathematics" section.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
At TESU, for the requirement of 16 computer science electives, I am planning on mine using Study.  I remember that the Cybersecurity courses don't transfer into a CS degree so I am assuming this is also true of the ASNSM. From the Study-TESU transfer list which course prefixes will transfer for this:  COS for sure but will CIS, ITS and CMP also work?

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security

(01-21-2020, 12:08 PM)TwinMom Wrote: At TESU, for the requirement of 16 computer science electives, I am planning on mine using Study.  I remember that the Cybersecurity courses don't transfer into a CS degree so I am assuming this is also true of the ASNSM. From the Study-TESU transfer list which course prefixes will transfer for this:  COS for sure but will CIS, ITS and CMP also work?

Hey TwimMom!

Are you in the 2019 catalog? So far it is ok to transfer the TEEX courses for my ASNSM, but I'm not sure if that is bc I already have them planned.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Some people have been saying they do not, however, I have the TEEX CYB courses for the ASNSM-CS.  I am on the 2018 plan so that may be why I can.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(01-21-2020, 03:14 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:08 PM)TwinMom Wrote: At TESU, for the requirement of 16 computer science electives, I am planning on mine using Study.  I remember that the Cybersecurity courses don't transfer into a CS degree so I am assuming this is also true of the ASNSM. From the Study-TESU transfer list which course prefixes will transfer for this:  COS for sure but will CIS, ITS and CMP also work?

Hey TwimMom!

Are you in the 2019 catalog? So far it is ok to transfer the TEEX courses for my ASNSM, but I'm not sure if that is bc I already have them planned.

Ha!  My twins will actually be in the 2023 catalog.

CsmLearn

I don't think the rules are as strict for the ASNSM as they are for the BACS. Which may be why others can have those TEEX courses used.

But with such a very long time before you need to worry about it, and the changes that WILL be made over time, I wouldn't worry about each particular course, and instead work on all the other aspects of the CS degree, like programming, and math, and that type of thing. If you get them good with the foundations, the rest should come more easily.

BTW - the degree will most likely change by that time, as will the GE, and a host of other things. I can almost guarantee it. At the same time, I'm willing to bet there will be more courses out there, a new course provider or two, etc. that will change in a positive way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TwinMom
My twins took these classes at community college. What are your guesses on which (if any) may transfer to TESU for an ASNSM in CS?

○ CIS105 Survey of Computer Information Systems (3 credits)
○ BPC170 Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level I (3 credits)
○ BPC270 Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level II (3 credits)
○ CIS126DL Linux Operating System (3 credits)
○ CNT140AB Introduction to Networks (4 credits)
○ CNT150AB Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials (4 credits)
○ CNT160AB Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation (4 credits)
○ ITS110 Information Security Fundamentals (3 credits)

Thanks!

CsmLearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 208 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 972 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,534 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 876 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Mathematics Add-On for BA in Computer Science bradonomics 31 2,057 10-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree avi_learning 35 3,000 08-29-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: avi_learning
  IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Course equivalencies spohara 25 3,490 07-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: mariobros1985