Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASNSM Math
Does anyone have recommendations for math credits? I've heard SDC is really not the place for math. Also, I have no idea what branch of math I would take next. Discrete Math? A higher level math than what I've done now? I'm a bit lost. 

It looks like I'm pretty close to an associates in Math so I'd like to try for that if I can. I know a lot of you feel that associates degrees are useless but I'm doing it for immigration purposes. I'm also finishing a BA so I'm hoping this won't really cost much extra. (who knows, if I do well with the remaining math classes maybe I'll switch from BALS to BAMath) 

.png   Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.47.48 PM.png (Size: 63.23 KB / Downloads: 23)
.png   Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.47.35 PM.png (Size: 39.9 KB / Downloads: 18)
.png   Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.46.51 PM.png (Size: 149.37 KB / Downloads: 18)
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

Here is my recommendation - The cheapest/easiest/fastest would be InstantCertCredit College Algebra at $20/month and also CSM Learn course at $39. You're missing a screenshot of the Calculus 1 requirement, if you have finished it - great, if not, simply take it at Study.com as it will give you 6 credits towards TESU just in case something is missing. Now, having said that, if you need to enrol at TESU, you can take the Math 105 Liberal Arts TECEP for $150 but that's expensive compared to $70 at Study.com. If you are close to a CLEP test center and don't mind testing, then you can go for the CLEPS for College Math, College Algebra, and Calculus I.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-17-2020, 11:22 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Does anyone have recommendations for math credits? I've heard SDC is really not the place for math. Also, I have no idea what branch of math I would take next. Discrete Math? A higher level math than what I've done now? I'm a bit lost. 

It looks like I'm pretty close to an associates in Math so I'd like to try for that if I can. I know a lot of you feel that associates degrees are useless but I'm doing it for immigration purposes. I'm also finishing a BA so I'm hoping this won't really cost much extra. (who knows, if I do well with the remaining math classes maybe I'll switch from BALS to BAMath) 
Hmm? Why didn't your Math-115 fill the quantitative spot? It even says Math-115. Like BJ said taking CSMLearn id a great option. It comes in as Quantitative literacy which falls in the elective spot. Maybe they can put it there instead of your Math'115?

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(08-17-2020, 11:46 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 11:22 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Does anyone have recommendations for math credits? I've heard SDC is really not the place for math. Also, I have no idea what branch of math I would take next. Discrete Math? A higher level math than what I've done now? I'm a bit lost. 

Hmm? Why didn't your Math-115 fill the quantitative spot? It even says Math-115.

Right?! I noticed that too. I can probably just shoot them an email and get it fixed but then I don't know what else I can take.
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

The reason it didn't go into the Quantitative Spot is because the courses go into the AOS electives first, then general education, lastly free electives.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-17-2020, 11:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The reason it didn't go into the Quantitative Spot is because the courses go into the AOS electives first, then general education, lastly free electives.
Hmm I've never noticed that. Thanks

(08-17-2020, 11:50 PM)lillingworth Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 11:46 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

Hmm? Why didn't your Math-115 fill the quantitative spot? It even says Math-115.

Right?! I noticed that too. I can probably just shoot them an email and get it fixed but then I don't know what else I can take.
CSM learn it'll fit in that spot.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Is there any way to get UL math courses through alternative providers? I am planning to combine BACS and Math. Just wonder if i can test out of math courses
(08-17-2020, 11:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here is my recommendation - The cheapest/easiest/fastest would be InstantCertCredit College Algebra at $20/month and also CSM Learn course at $39.  You're missing a screenshot of the Calculus 1 requirement, if you have finished it - great, if not, simply take it at Study.com as it will give you 6 credits towards TESU just in case something is missing.  Now, having said that, if you need to enrol at TESU, you can take the Math 105 Liberal Arts TECEP for $150 but that's expensive compared to $70 at Study.com.  If you are close to a CLEP test center and don't mind testing, then you can go for the CLEPS for College Math, College Algebra, and Calculus I.

Thanks for this! CLEP is open but $150 proctor fee per test. I'm actually really wondering if they can do that, because their sister school in the US is only $30. 

The screenshots are the only ones I need. Everything else is done. Smile

Already enrolled in TESU. I'll check out CSM learn. I took ALEKS courses waaayyy back in the day but I've heard good things about CSM. Are they proctored? I don't mind I just have to plan accordingly and test outside my home. 

So college algebra and then one other from CSM and ask if they'll move my MATH115 class? Any recommendations for a CSM course? I haven't done math in ages haha I think I forgot everything. But I don't hate math like a lot of people do. I only hate graphs haha.

(08-17-2020, 11:59 PM)lillingworth Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 11:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here is my recommendation - The cheapest/easiest/fastest would be InstantCertCredit College Algebra at $20/month and also CSM Learn course at $39.  You're missing a screenshot of the Calculus 1 requirement, if you have finished it - great, if not, simply take it at Study.com as it will give you 6 credits towards TESU just in case something is missing.  Now, having said that, if you need to enrol at TESU, you can take the Math 105 Liberal Arts TECEP for $150 but that's expensive compared to $70 at Study.com.  If you are close to a CLEP test center and don't mind testing, then you can go for the CLEPS for College Math, College Algebra, and Calculus I.

Thanks for this! CLEP is open but $150 proctor fee per test. I'm actually really wondering if they can do that, because their sister school in the US is only $30. 

The screenshots are the only ones I need. Everything else is done. Smile

Already enrolled in TESU. I'll check out CSM learn. I took ALEKS courses waaayyy back in the day but I've heard good things about CSM. Are they proctored? I don't mind I just have to plan accordingly and test outside my home. 

So college algebra and then one other from CSM and ask if they'll move my MATH115 class? Any recommendations for a CSM course? I haven't done math in ages haha I think I forgot everything. But I don't hate math like a lot of people do. I only hate graphs haha.
The good thing about CSMLearn is that it makes you learn math. It isn't proctored. And it is good for basically refreshing what you know.

I definitely need a refresher. I was very lucky in high school and university. I had amazing teachers that made it fun/easy to learn. I just haven't touched any of it in years so CSM is probably what's best for me. I'm signing up now. Hopefully I don't take any duplicate classes haha.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 574 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 704 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with degree plan for combined Math & Environmental Studies RavioliMachine 12 595 01-08-2024, 01:38 PM
  Quickest Path to a Computer Science or Math Degree juiceboxguy42 10 1,462 10-06-2023, 07:27 PM
  TESU BACS with an associates in math. CanICode 5 869 01-16-2023, 01:05 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  TESU BA CS/Math Double Major Planning zolpgree 14 1,548 07-20-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AS Math & BACS zolpgree 6 903 07-15-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BA CS (+BA Math) vs WGU CS: Need help deciding muu9 14 2,402 04-21-2022, 11:52 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ASNSM - Computer Science creationstory 5 857 09-16-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: jch
  Math requirement TESU BSBA in Accounting thecontrarian 5 1,037 08-30-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: thecontrarian