Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ace transcript cost
Hello I saw this post from a few months back: 
CHANGES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 17, 2020

ACE's College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) will no longer be providing print and mail transcript services after January 17, 2020. Over the next few months, we’ll be moving our transcript services to Credly’s Acclaim, the world’s leading digital credential platform. Once the transition is complete, students will be able to share digital badges and order FREE electronic transcripts instantly. We will continue to provide electronic transcripts on the legacy Registry and Transcript Portal throughout the transition.  

You will receive further information from us soon about the move to the new platform. If your school is unable to accept electronic transcripts or you have additional questions, please contact the Student Resource Center. This change does not affect the Joint Services Transcript. 

And I was wondering if this has taken effect yet because when I go to my ace transcript it says it will cost me $20. 
Not as of last week. I had to pay $20 for first transcript (sent in march) and 15 for next one (sent last week). It was sent electronically and within an hour. TESU opened it the next day.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(05-17-2020, 01:53 PM)P226mem Wrote: Not as of last week.  I had to pay $20 for first transcript (sent in march) and 15 for next one (sent last week).   It was sent electronically and within an hour.  TESU opened it the next day.

Gotcha thanks for the heads up
(05-17-2020, 01:53 PM)P226mem Wrote: Not as of last week.  I had to pay $20 for first transcript (sent in march) and 15 for next one (sent last week).   It was sent electronically and within an hour.  TESU opened it the next day.

Exactly the same experience for me.
It says that they'll still be providing services through the legacy portal. Does that mean that there is a new login page somewhere that we should be using?
(05-17-2020, 05:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It says that they'll still be providing services through the legacy portal. Does that mean that there is a new login page somewhere that we should be using?

I just went through the basic ACENet login page, the same one used to add courses to my ACE account.
(05-17-2020, 05:58 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 05:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It says that they'll still be providing services through the legacy portal. Does that mean that there is a new login page somewhere that we should be using?

I just went through the basic ACENet login page, the same one used to add courses to my ACE account.

I signed up for an Acclaim account. If you search for "American Council on Education CREDIT" then they're on there. They have various badges that appear to be equivalent to having taken a certain course. For instance, the "Information Security for Everyone" badge says:

Quote:Earning Criteria

• Complete a course designed to educate all computer users on internet security.

• Achieve a minimum passing score of 70 percent on examinations.
Standards
ACE CREDIT Endorsement
In the vocational category, 1 semester hour in information security for everyone. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0279 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0250. (12/18).

There is a college algebra badge that corresponds to having taken algebra from https://dlsii.com/ (badge provided by ACE), another from https://getunbound.com/ (same) and one or two directly from StraighterLine but endorsed by ACE. 

As it stands now, this looks like an absolute mess.
(05-18-2020, 03:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I just went through the basic ACENet login page, the same one used to add courses to my ACE account.

I signed up for an Acclaim account. If you search for "American Council on Education CREDIT" then they're on there. They have various badges that appear to be equivalent to having taken a certain course. For instance, the "Information Security for Everyone" badge says:

There is a college algebra badge that corresponds to having taken algebra from https://dlsii.com/ (badge provided by ACE), another from https://getunbound.com/ (same) and one or two directly from StraighterLine but endorsed by ACE. 

As it stands now, this looks like an absolute mess.

I already had an Acclaim account for some industry cloud certifications, but didn't find anything from ACE added to my profile. I tried the same search on the Acclaim site, and this was the American Council for Education issuer page. It looks like they have 105 badges so far, with new badges being added organization by organization.
If an ACE account is opened, and a transcript is sent to one of the Big 3, do ALL courses on the account have to be sent? There may be a course from Penn Foster that I would not like to see go over with my Sophia courses.
Yeah, they all get sent. Is there any reason why you wouldn't want it sent? Because the grade was low?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,879 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  Study.com - Best Time/Cost Saving Strategy? kylan11 13 1,314 10-18-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com transcript - do you need an active subscription? Kones 12 1,015 10-17-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Getting graduate credits on a transcript sanantone 0 509 08-30-2022, 01:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Saylor grading and transcript timeframe Ideas 5 1,046 08-21-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MidLifeCrisis
  Second study.com account for sending transcript lylx1981 2 811 11-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: lylx1981
  Transcript problem gams007 15 2,245 08-27-2021, 02:30 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Fastest, Cheapest Way to Get Credits on Transcript sanantone 12 2,056 08-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Transcript from Study to Credly carebear_007 5 1,336 05-02-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: carebear_007
  Acclaim - Transcript creationstory 4 1,066 03-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Old Guy