Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addicted...
sanantone Wrote:I also think you should go for a doctorate or go for nothing at all if it's not going to be applicable to your career. Use this guy as motivation not to become a perpetual student.
Aric W Hall* -* Resume* -* Education* -* -* -*

A couple more examples of the addiction:
Here's the list of 29 degrees Kalamazoo resident Mike Nicholson has earned | MLive.com
Johnny Lechner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Benjamin Bolger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its funny I came across this thread. I like the learning format of WGU so much I will probably pursue a couple more degrees from the college to finish off my GI Bill funding.
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
dposborne Wrote:A couple more examples of the addiction:
Here's the list of 29 degrees Kalamazoo resident Mike Nicholson has earned | MLive.com
I've heard of this guy.
Quote:Johnny Lechner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is something really wrong with this guy. Why won't he graduate?
Quote:Benjamin Bolger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of his degrees are too similar. I don't understand why someone would do this. It's like that guy with dozens of associate's degrees. Several of them are in the same subject or same general field.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
A lot of Mike Nicholson's degrees are similar too, but more varied than the others.

Master of Business Administration and an Associate of Business with a major in Management after the MBA???
Master of Art in Special Education, Master of Science in Education - Special Education, Master of Education - Special Education, and Master of Education - Special Education Administration???
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Wikipedia has an entry for the perpetual student. Milton de Jesus has been a student at University of Puerto Rico since 1963. They mention some fictional characters who were perpetual students. One of my favorite t.v. shows is Girlfriends. One of the main characters has several degrees and is over her head in student loans. She can't hold a job and is usually living with one of her friends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_student
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P