Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addicted to CLEP?
Do you guys get a huge rush when you pass a test? I walk out of the testing center and I swear it feels like runners' high... a feeling I have only felt in my life when running more than 21 miles at a time.

Does anyone else here feel like this? I am in a strange zone for several hours after passing a test and feel really, really good. I could see how people get hooked on testing lol.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
No. I know even before going into the testing center that I have passed. My favorite part is during the test, when my great strategy is implemented, like a game of chess, against the questions set before me.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Maniac Craniac Wrote:No. I know even before going into the testing center that I have passed.
Well you little snob, you. :p

I totally know what you mean though, I start like a battle against the test. A couple times I had to catch myself before I was like "HA!" out loud in the testing center Big Grin

I wouldn't know about it being like a runner's high though: I've never made it past like 2 miles Confusedmilelol:
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
I am addicted absolutley. After a test I get that same feeling, which is why I was taking two per day for a while. After a week or so without testing I start getting "the itch" to pass another test, it is terrible. I will probably keep taking them even after I have fulfilled my degree requirements. It does not help that these tests are free for me.

I have never failed one though so I am not sure what that would do to my motivation.

Guess it's better than being addicted to meth.

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

PonyGirl93 Wrote:Well you little snob, you. :p
LOL. I hope no one takes the things I say too seriously Confusedmilelol:

I believe that a defeatist attitude leads only to defeat. Therefore, I face absolutely every challenge in my life without reservation. I KNOW that I WILL succeed. Uh, yeah, there are times that I am proven wrong, but having confidence ensures, at the very least, that I will be at my best. Plus, a little thing called "confirmation bias" allows me to quickly forget the defeats and hold fast to this philosophy. Wink

blu2blu Wrote:Guess it's better than being addicted to meth.
Math > Meth :coolgleam:

Maniac Craniac Wrote:No. I know even before going into the testing center that I have passed. My favorite part is during the test, when my great strategy is implemented, like a game of chess, against the questions set before me.
I don't know that it is the passing exactly that gives the feeling of exultation. The accomplishment of being done with all the work is a bit closer for me. But I do feel like I'm strategizing against the exam, not unlike chess.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
That can be attributed to the psychophysiological effects experienced during the times of testing.. The fear one may experience can set off the fight or flight instincts (even in a 'mental battle') which increases adreneline. The reward centers can flood with dopamine as you work your way through the test and think about how easy it is (whether you know the material or you're far off base) culminating with a heady high that lasts a while after receiving a passing (or high) score. And the effects on self-esteem of defeating that bear of a test can be wonderous if you meet or exceed your personal target score, or detrimental if you don't do as well as you thought you should, and dwell on it.

You can even get the same experience and thrill out of shopping.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
burbuja0512 Wrote:Do you guys get a huge rush when you pass a test? I walk out of the testing center and I swear it feels like runners' high... a feeling I have only felt in my life when running more than 21 miles at a time.

Does anyone else here feel like this? I am in a strange zone for several hours after passing a test and feel really, really good. I could see how people get hooked on testing lol.

Absolutely my experience. In fact, after one exam I came out of the testing room and said "Wow, that was a rush!" and the test center staff laughed at me.

I do sort of miss testing, and I have even thought of taking something like Humanities or the new Business Ethics DSST just for the fun of it...I might if it came with a letter grade. Instead I am preparing for the ITIL Foundations exam and may go for the Certified Fraud Examiner.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
So glad I posted this! Nice to see that there are others that feel the same way I do. Yes, I am also (usually) confident like Maniac Craniac Wink

I don't run more than a couple miles any more, but from 2003-2004 I trained for and ran a marathon. I can honestly say it's the same feeling.

Too bad all of us on the board here don't go to the same testing center! I totally feel like a weirdo when I jump out of my testing center wanting to shout for joy and high-five people. lol I've actually become a little obsessed with testing. I am actually glad that my husband and son have a lot of testing ahead of them so that I can continue to be a part of it even when I'm done with my own tests.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,597 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there a time limit when completing your clep test? Clarebugg 12 3,887 12-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: desireelws50
  Organizing my CLEP stuff jmeitrem 7 1,568 06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: alzee
  Addicted... burbuja0512 23 3,060 08-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Harvard Extension accepts ACE and CLEP rebel100 7 2,322 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Imagine if he had known about CLEP..... rebel100 18 2,321 06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Missing CLEP tests ryoder 4 964 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  CLEP or DSST? Publius 12 1,562 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  How do you know about CLEP? sgloer 79 13,221 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Last Post: submissiongrappler
  I'm giving a speech today about CLEP Bibby 3 1,130 07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Bibby