Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addicted...
Ohhh I can't stay away from the forum.. lol Never mind that I graduated from COSC in 2011 and got the Global MBA done in 2013. I am here to stay whether you guys like it or not lol.

I have been feeling so lost since MBA graduation and I saw this today: Online Master of Science in Global Health, Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies

Ohhhhh I want it so badly I can taste it. But seriously.. would it help my career? Couldn't hurt, but no I can't justify the 38k it would cost (minus 10k tuition assistance from work) Would it help my marriage? Oh GOD no.. sweet DH is still reeling from having every weekend dominated by school projects for the MBA. Can I think of any reason to do this? NO.. other than I WANNA.

OMG someone talk me out of applying..
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Ha Ha Ha you are so funny. It is truly addicting isn't it! I think if you want to or need to do it, you have too! That's just me. Is there another program similar that's less expensive?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Good point.. Just need to take slow breaths, think about the money, and run away.

I don't think I can advance more in my career and be happy. I am where I want to be, so this would be a totally expensive hobby.

Must. Stop. Now.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
More in global health:
University of Edinburgh Global Health Academy: Online MSc's
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine/University of London International Programmes: Masters Degrees
burbuja0512 Wrote:Ohhh I can't stay away from the forum.. lol Never mind that I graduated from COSC in 2011 and got the Global MBA done in 2013. I am here to stay whether you guys like it or not lol.

I have been feeling so lost since MBA graduation and I saw this today: Online Master of Science in Global Health, Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies

Ohhhhh I want it so badly I can taste it. But seriously.. would it help my career? Couldn't hurt, but no I can't justify the 38k it would cost (minus 10k tuition assistance from work) Would it help my marriage? Oh GOD no.. sweet DH is still reeling from having every weekend dominated by school projects for the MBA. Can I think of any reason to do this? NO.. other than I WANNA.

OMG someone talk me out of applying..

Perpetual Student Syndrome, it's almost as expensive as a gambling addiction but at least you have something to show for it when you're broke. LOL
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
I'm telling myself that this will be the year that I publish enough articles to be accepted to University of Sunderland's PhD by Published Works program. Much cheaper than Northwestern, and it's a PhD, not an EdD. Of course, then I tell myself that it would be throwing away a LOT of money just to get PhD after my name, since I'm already at the highest rank I can be on my school's salary schedule. Decisions, decisions...
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.. and thanks for the links to the other programs. I'm going to read those and drool....

I sooo promised myself I would never be a perpetual student. My husband's ex had that problem and he hated it. I keep telling myself that I am different than her because she never used her degrees to advance her career. (I believe that she's currently unemployed with 3 bachelors and a masters!) See? My problem isn't an addiction because it's useful! Ohh I am sooooo in denial.....

My other "problem" is that my job has tuition reimbursement. My last one didn't and I paid for my entire MBA myself. So, now I'm thinking that not studying = throwing away money. Yes, this is more justification for the addiction.
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
burbuja0512 Wrote:Glad to hear I'm not the only one.. and thanks for the links to the other programs. I'm going to read those and drool....

I sooo promised myself I would never be a perpetual student. My husband's ex had that problem and he hated it. I keep telling myself that I am different than her because she never used her degrees to advance her career. (I believe that she's currently unemployed with 3 bachelors and a masters!) See? My problem isn't an addiction because it's useful! Ohh I am sooooo in denial.....

My other "problem" is that my job has tuition reimbursement. My last one didn't and I paid for my entire MBA myself. So, now I'm thinking that not studying = throwing away money. Yes, this is more justification for the addiction.

Why not get Ph.D or a DBA?

If you want something related to healthcare, Northcentral University has a DBA in Healthcare Administration

DBA in Health Care Administration Online | Northcentral University
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
Also, Walden University offers a DBA in Healthcare Management

Doctoral Degree | Online DBA Degree | Walden University
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
I also think you should go for a doctorate or go for nothing at all if it's not going to be applicable to your career. Use this guy as motivation not to become a perpetual student.
Aric W Hall  -  Resume  -  Education  -  -  - 
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P